General Chit Chat
PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

HM King Charles III

#1 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:35 am

Doctor speculates over the cause of King Charles' swollen 'sausage fingers'

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/docto ... ge-fingers#

LOS ANGELES - Following the accession of King Charles II, many internet users have taken this moment in history to point out a concerning discovery: What's going on with the monarch's fingers?

Photos have surfaced online of Charles with what appears to be swollen hands and fingers prompting many to mock the new ruler while other are genuinely concerned.

"Prince charles fingers look more like sausage links than fingers," one Twitter user wrote.

While many have taken the opportunity to mock the royal family member, Dr. Gareth Nye, senior lecturer at the University of Chester, chimed in on what could actually be going on with the King's bright red hot dogs.

Nye explained that while there are a handful of conditions that could cause bloated fingers similar to that seen with Charles, edema or fluid retention is the most likely.

"Oedema is a condition where the body starts to retain fluids in the limbs, normally the legs and ankles but also in the fingers, which causes them to swell," Dr. Nye told the Daily Star. "Oedema is a common condition and mostly affects people over the age of 65 as the ability for fluid control is restricted."

"To see if this is the cause, pressing the swollen area for about 15 seconds would cause a depression in the area," Nye added.

Nye says arthritis is another possibility explaining that the illness "often affects three main areas in the hand — the thumb joint or either joints in the fingers."

"Fingers usually become stiff, painful and swollen and although medication can help with the pain, the swelling can remain," he added. A high salt diet or certain medications for blood pressure could also cause swelling.

While Charles is old for taking the throne, Nye says there's nothing to be alarmed about.

"There aren’t any immediate health concerns to be concluded from swollen fingers and is most likely a sign of his age," Nye said.

PP

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: HM King Charles III

#2 Post by TheGreenAnger » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:53 am

He has what are known colloquially in South Africa as "piel vingers", crudely translated as "penis fingers", often resulting from oedema associated with bad circulation which may indicative of old age and cardiovascular issues and degeneration. Arthritis might cause swelling around the joints but is not likely to result in the classic piel vinger syndrome.

The King's issues with pens might be associated with finger discomfort resulting from this syndrome. One wishes him well whatever the case. Never mind his fingers, long may he keep his pecker up!

Edited to say - At least HM the King can say that he is not a soutpiel (salty penis), i.e. somebody like me with one foot in SA, the other in the UK and one's appendage in the briny sea. =))
My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:49 am

King Charles III's coin designs unveiled by UK's Royal Mint

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/king- ... royal-mint

LONDON - Britain's Royal Mint has unveiled the first coins to feature the portrait of King Charles III.

Britons will begin to see Charles’ image in their change from around December, as 50-pence coins depicting him gradually enter circulation.

The new monarch's effigy was created by British sculptor Martin Jennings, and has been personally approved by Charles, the Royal Mint said Friday. In keeping with tradition, the king's portrait faces to the left — the opposite direction to his mother's, Queen Elizabeth II.

King Charles III Royal Mint3
The King’s portrait will first appear on a £5 coin and 50p commemorating the life and legacy of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. (The Royal Mint)

"Charles has followed that general tradition that we have in British coinage, going all the way back to Charles II actually, that the monarch faces in the opposite direction to their predecessor," said Chris Barker at the Royal Mint Museum.

Charles is depicted without a crown. A Latin inscription surrounding the portrait translates to "King Charles III, by the Grace of God, Defender of the Faith."

A separate memorial 5-pound coin remembering the life and legacy of Elizabeth will be released Monday. One side of this coin features Charles, while the reverse side features two new portraits of Elizabeth side by side.

Based in south Wales, the Royal Mint has depicted Britain's royal family on coins for over 1,100 years, documenting each monarch since Alfred the Great.

King-Charles-III-Royal-Mint2.jpg
The 50p will enter circulation to mark the historic moment, and coins featuring His Majesty and Queen Elizabeth II will co-circulate in the U.K. (The Royal Mint)

"When first we used to make coins, that was the only way that people could know what the monarch actually looked like, not in the days of social media like now," said Anne Jessopp, chief executive of the Royal Mint. "So the portrait of King Charles will be on each and every coin as we move forward."

Jennings, the sculptor, said the portrait was sculpted from a photo of Charles.

"It is the smallest work I have created, but it is humbling to know it will be seen and held by people around the world for centuries to come," he said.

Charles acceded to the throne Sept. 8 upon the death of his mother, Britain's longest-reigning monarch, who died at age 96.

Around 27 billion coins bearing Elizabeth II's image currently circulate in the United Kingdom All will remain legal tender and be in active circulation, to be replaced over time as they become damaged or worn.

PP

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by G-CPTN » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:55 am

As a child I recall Edward VII, George V, and George VI coins in circulation - never Edward VIII.

There may even have been Victorian ones? - however, these might have just been 'finds' dug up from the garden . . . along with George III etc.

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#5 Post by k3k3 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:01 am

G-CPTN wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:55 am
As a child I recall Edward VII, George V, and George VI coins in circulation - never Edward VIII.

There may even have been Victorian ones? - however, these might have just been 'finds' dug up from the garden . . . along with George III etc.
I remember looking for a 1933 penny and pre-1947 silver coins, there always seemed to be a lot of well worn Victorian pennies around.

jimtherev
Station Padre
Station Padre

#6 Post by jimtherev » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:27 pm

... and me gran always kept lots of silver threepenny bits for the Christmas Pud each year. Most of 'em had the old Queen's head on them.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by Woody » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:20 pm

TGA needs to up his training at Headcorn, could be a well paid gig :D

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... alary.html
When all else fails, read the instructions.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by PHXPhlyer » Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:35 am

Would this job be a way for Harry to get back in good graces? :-? :ymdevil:

PP

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:46 am

PHXPhlyer wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:49 am
Charles is depicted without a crown.
So nice of them to depict him in profile. Not as a jug-eared inbred German idiot.

Full frontal facial imagery would make him look a bit stupid. Those chimpy ears would look awful.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by Boac » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:08 pm

Let's remind ourselves of our King and future "Queen". Tampongate. A particularly sad and unpleasant time in the life of the Royal Family and the late Duchess.

https://time.com/6226657/crown-charles- ... ampongate/

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by tango15 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:18 pm

I got a King Charles III 50p in my change yesterday. I noticed it because it was bright! :)

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by Hydromet » Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:29 am

tango15 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:18 pm
I got a King Charles III 50p in my change yesterday. I noticed it because it was bright! :)
Oh, the irony.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#13 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:40 am

I must say that I am very surprised that Graham has blabbed about this. It is just not done. Can only think that it was the money. Last time I spoke to him he was struggling on his pension.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/royals ... isits.html
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by Boac » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:17 am

Dreadful behaviour! Next question is who paid for the flights?

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by EA01 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:21 am

Last time I spoke to him he was struggling on his pension.
So, simply his pension is insufficient then....

People lining up at foodbanks, unable to pay for heating probably don't much care for the coronation...so Grahams disclosure fan flames

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by Woody » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:24 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:40 am
I must say that I am very surprised that Graham has blabbed about this. It is just not done. Can only think that it was the money. Last time I spoke to him he was struggling on his pension.

I noticed this and thought it was a bit strange, perhaps the DM have dispatched a correspondent to Botswana for a comment from Ex-A?

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#17 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:01 am

Woody wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:24 am
Ex-Ascot wrote:

I noticed this and thought it was a bit strange, perhaps the DM have dispatched a correspondent to Botswana for a comment from Ex-A?
They would be wasting their time and money with me.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#18 Post by tango15 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:34 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:01 am
Woody wrote:
Ex-Ascot wrote:

Revenge for Islay perhaps, Ex-A?

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#19 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:21 am

T15 this did cross my mind. But I knew Graham very well, So did Mrs Ex-Ascot. I know that you knew him. Not in character. Also he took the blame for the Islay accident and it was not his fault.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by Woody » Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:01 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:01 am
Woody wrote:
Ex-Ascot wrote:

Special treat for the crocodiles and hippos :D