HM King Charles III

General Chit Chat
Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Re: HM King Charles III

#41 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue May 02, 2023 7:20 am

HMK had no consideration at all for us. He should know that every Saturday we go to the pub at the times he has nominated for the Coronation. We will watch the many highlights that will be on You Tube later. May have a quick glance on the smart phone whilst there. A two hour church service is a bit much for us. Almost as bad as a Greek festival.

More interested in the processions than the service.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#42 Post by Woody » Tue May 02, 2023 8:26 am

Living in the Royal Borough, one never knows who’s going to drop in :D
When all else fails, read the instructions.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#43 Post by tango15 » Tue May 02, 2023 9:15 am

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 6:56 pm
tango15 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 9:56 am
Pontius Navigator wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 9:36 am
Pinky, do they also have +1 channels so if you miss a bit you can play 'live' catchup.

At least it's near your bed time so that gives you an excuse.

We had a veterans opportunity to bid for seats opposite Buck House. Seats available from 0630 but gates shut at 0900. Event over at 1430.

One daughter and SiL applied but didn't get tickets.
I trust that, given veterans have first choice and the timings involved, that 'green rooms' have been arranged somewhere nearby?

In response to Pinky's post:
Seems that TV viewers will be invited to recite an oath of allegience at some point. Lots of annoyance/outrage/whatever in some posts. TOP seems to be full of such Selfish of Selhurst or Surly of Surrey characters. One good reason for not bothering with it any more.
Tango, indeed they do, and I seem to recall some form of refreshments. However from 9am the compound gate is exit only.

Definite logistics exercise though. Had I considered going I would have reserved my room a 100 yards away and my car park slot in the nearby car park. I would then need to convey cushions, blankets, brolly, cape, sunscreen, food hamper etc.

Rather too much bother. I shall content myself with washing and buffing my car instead and when done walk the dog provided the weather is good.
Ah, I see. Yes, I agree, definitely an exercise in logistics. I'm sure I can find something important to do on Saturday afternoon.

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#44 Post by Pinky the pilot » Tue May 02, 2023 11:10 am

some red brain varnish
And it had better be a Barossa Shiraz Fliegs/EAO1 or it's the reason why not, I'll be wanting to know!! [-X :D
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#45 Post by CharlieOneSix » Tue May 02, 2023 3:17 pm

There's tremendous excitement from the public here in North East Scotland about the Coronation. From Aberdeen Live...
There has been one application from the public to hold a street party
Aberdeen Live News
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

ricardian
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#46 Post by ricardian » Tue May 02, 2023 5:53 pm

CharlieOneSix wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 3:17 pm
There's tremendous excitement from the public here in North East Scotland about the Coronation. From Aberdeen Live...
There has been one application from the public to hold a street party
Aberdeen Live News
About 34 of us wrinklies are using the event as an excuse for a knees-up on the Thursday before. And after the Sunday kirk service there is a Pot Luck lunch followed by a tree planting and the burying of a time capsule. The tension is unbearable...
Ricardian, Stronsay, Orkney UK
www.stronsaylimpet.co.uk
visitstronsay.com
https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/EGER

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#47 Post by Boac » Tue May 02, 2023 6:06 pm

I see a lot of fluffing of feathers and waxing of handlebar moustaches here over the oath which all, and I, took, to swear allegiance to the Queen and her successors. Just suppose it turned out to be Harry, through some cruel twist of fate. Still fluffing? Is there a let-out clause?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#48 Post by barkingmad » Tue May 02, 2023 7:02 pm

Boac wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 6:06 pm
I see a lot of fluffing of feathers and waxing of handlebar moustaches here over the oath which all, and I, took, to swear allegiance to the Queen and her successors. Just suppose it turned out to be Harry, through some cruel twist of fate. Still fluffing? Is there a let-out clause?
A good lawyer might take the angle that we band of military service brothers had sworn allegiance to Her Maj and successors, only for the duration of our engagement in the UK armed forces, just in case she croaked whilst we were fighting Kruschev or whoever.

As a retired grumpy I suspect I would not last 5 minutes in the current woke, PC, DIE, ESG, BAME, Royal Air Farce, in the unlikely event of being recalled to defend the realm of the current Shower of Sh1te pollytitians. :YMPARTY:

Sighs of relief were immrediately detected in the hallowed halls of MoD and PMC Gloucester?!😂🤣

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#49 Post by Boac » Tue May 02, 2023 7:19 pm

I will not need the services of your 'good lawyer' - the question was a hypothetical one for all of us and nothing to do with 'serving' or not. I will be watching the responses.

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#50 Post by 1DC » Tue May 02, 2023 7:27 pm

I'll be staying in a pub for the weekend, booked long before HMK had to get a crown on his head, so I will be in the bar. I assume they will have a telly on the wall and as long as Mrs 1DC gets a good view that will be alright. If I can see I will watch.
Barking shouldn't worry about being recalled to defend the Realm, the present woke + brigade will make sure that the European court of human rights do not allow us to form a fighting force of any kind!

jimtherev
Station Padre
Station Padre

#51 Post by jimtherev » Tue May 02, 2023 10:01 pm

... and I'll be at bleedin' church on account of someone's bleedin' weddin'
<sigh>

bob2s
Capt
Capt

#52 Post by bob2s » Tue May 02, 2023 10:50 pm

^
Seen one coronation, seen 'em all.
Amen to that brother, have better things to do like cut my toenails, etc, plus the TV channels are all vying with each other as to who has the best
presentation for the viewer. Bah, humbug.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#53 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed May 03, 2023 6:28 am

If this thread was taken as a poll only a small percentage of the population are going to watch it.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#54 Post by Karearea » Wed May 03, 2023 6:53 am

I'll be watching, as much live coverage as I can find on YT or similar. Going to be a long night...
There's rosemary, that's for remembrance. ...

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Princess Anne’s take on the monarchy under King Charles

#55 Post by Karearea » Wed May 03, 2023 8:56 am

In the lead-up to the coronation of King Charles, CBC chief correspondent Adrienne Arsenault has an intimate conversation with his sister, Princess Anne, about the changing monarchy and the challenges ahead.
24:32

There's rosemary, that's for remembrance. ...

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#56 Post by OneHungLow » Wed May 03, 2023 9:29 am

Woody wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 8:26 am

Living in the Royal Borough, one never knows who’s going to drop in :D
Admit it Woody, that is you in the Ruritanian uniform! =))

PS - I am wearing my Gestapo black today in my annual tribute to Karl Lagerfeld, just saying!
The observer of fools in military south and north...

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#57 Post by barkingmad » Wed May 03, 2023 10:26 am

This disgracefully irreverent show was recently broadcast on Freeview terrestrial and other free-to-air channels and was available on YouTruebe for a short time before the hand of the YT censor deleted it;

https://www.channel4.com/press/news/win ... nformation

Hopefully it will surface elsewhere in a world where free speech is permitted, however here is a less than one minute clip of another spoof in the making which just goes to show the unlimited enthusiasm amongst the UK peasants for the forthcoming £250,000,000 extravaganza;

But for how long will this be up before the snowflake censors strike again? :-w

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#58 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed May 03, 2023 11:41 am

Just watched a video of HMK arriving in Berlin on Boris 1 with 10 Sqn. What a mess. How standards have dropped. What do you expect when tanker drivers are flying Royalty. Guess they don't get as much practice as we did. Well, if I was tanking it would be a bigger mess.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#59 Post by tango15 » Thu May 04, 2023 11:15 am

I wonder if the Commonwealth will start to unravel, once Charles is officially crowned? I see that, according to Sky News, Jamaica is suggesting a vote on whether to become a republic. Well, let them. If they vote in favour, then let them leave the Commonwealth and stop sending them money. It's time some of these Caribbean nations, who make a lot of money from tourism, stood on their own two feet and stopped holding out their hands for 'reparations' as the result of slavery. Let them have a vote on whether they would rather be returned to their countries of origin, or remain in the Caribbean. Also, insist on them needing visas to visit the UK, it might cut down the crime rates a little. Jamaica is the only country in the world where, while staying in Kingston one night, I was advised not to leave the hotel after dark, because my skin was the wrong colour.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#60 Post by John Hill » Thu May 04, 2023 6:31 pm

tango15 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 11:15 am
Jamaica is the only country in the world where, while staying in Kingston one night, I was advised not to leave the hotel after dark, because my skin was the wrong colour.

Not the only Commonwealth country...
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.