Elon Strikes Again

General Chit Chat
PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Elon Strikes Again

#21 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:34 pm

Difference is that one has the funds to satisfy his debts even if he balks at them.
The other doesn't.

PP

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Elon Strikes Again

#22 Post by PHXPhlyer » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:18 pm

Don Lemon, former CNN anchor, says Elon Musk canceled his new show on X
In a video posted on X, the former CNN broadcaster said: “Hi, everyone. Elon Musk is mad at me.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/media/don-lemon ... rcna143234

Well, that was fast.

Don Lemon announced Wednesday that Elon Musk has canceled the former CNN anchor's new talk show on the social media platform X — before an episode even debuted.

In a statement posted on X, Lemon claimed that Musk was upset about an interview that the broadcaster conducted with him on Friday, almost exactly two months after their deal was announced.

"There were no restrictions on the interview that he willingly agreed to, and my questions were respectful and wide ranging, covering everything from SpaceX to the presidential election," Lemon said. "We had a good conversation. Clearly he felt differently."

Lemon said the interview with Musk will still be available to watch on YouTube and X. "While Elon goes back on his word, I will be doubling down on my commitment to free speech," he said.

In a subsequent video clip posted on X, Lemon directly addresses his smartphone camera and says: "Hi, everyone. Elon Musk is mad at me."

X's press office did not immediately reply to an email requesting comment on Lemon's announcement. NBC News received an automated message that said: "Busy now, please check back later."

Lemon, who was fired from CNN in April, made a content pact with X in January as part of what the company billed as a push to expand video offerings. The website also teamed up with the former Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, and sports personality Jim Rome.

"Elon publicly encouraged me to join X with a new show, saying I would have his 'full support,' and that his 'digital town square is for all.' ... I took Elon and his management team's word that they, for the first time, were interested in working directly with new and diverse voices," Lemon said in his statement.

Musk, who took control of what was formerly known as Twitter in late 2022, vowed to make the platform an arena for "free speech." He has drawn intense scrutiny for propagating misinformation and giving a platform to conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones.

The tech mogul's first media partnership was with the former Fox News host and right-wing commentator Tucker Carlson, who has since launched his own independent media enterprise.

Lemon announced he had been terminated from CNN on the same day that Fox News said it was parting ways with Carlson. The news of Lemon's exit came after Variety published an article about allegations that he had mistreated female colleagues over his career.

He has denied those allegations.

Lemon also faced backlash for making on-air comments about former Republican presidential contender Nikki Haley that were widely viewed as sexist and ageist.

PP