I AM AWARE OF AN ERROR COMING UP ON THE BOARD AND AM IN TOUCH WITH THE HOSTING COMPANY..

General Chit Chat
TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

I AM AWARE OF AN ERROR COMING UP ON THE BOARD AND AM IN TOUCH WITH THE HOSTING COMPANY..

#1 Post by TheGreenAnger » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:32 pm

As much as I am grateful for an Admin who is on it and communicating with the board and the people, I am a curious human ape and want to know what the "hell is going on". :)

I am disappointed to find that I cannot find anything wrong at all! How can this be so? ;)))

Are you talking about your surfboard? Ask EA02, he''ll recommend Dr Zogg's Sex Wax! <<Now Mr, shows what a total hodad I am>>

Mr Zoggs.JPG
Mr Zoggs.JPG (64.99 KiB) Viewed 572 times

Just kidding Admin2 (as I am sure you know). Hopefully the issue, whatever it was is now cleared. Appreciate your efforts!

Thank you. :-bd
My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: I WAS NOT AWARE OF AN ERROR COMING UP ON THE BOARD AND AM OUT OF TOUCH WITH THE HOSTING COMPANY..

#2 Post by barkingmad » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:45 pm

But then that's possibly because I'm slightly insane and irrational, according to some here. and neither am I very bright nor sharp, that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

TGA, please let us know whence we can obtain adequate supplies of this preparation and how does it compare with KY or similar unguents obtainable from Anne Summers and other reputable suppliers and most importantly, whether or not it is a "tingle" version?

See, I've done my homework! Now where's that gin bottle... :)) =))

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: I WAS NOT AWARE OF AN ERROR COMING UP ON THE BOARD AND AM OUT OF TOUCH WITH THE HOSTING COMPANY..

#3 Post by TheGreenAnger » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:48 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:45 pm
But then that's possibly because I'm slightly insane and irrational, according to some here. and neither am I very bright nor sharp, that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

TGA, please let us know whence we can obtain adequate supplies of this preparation and how does it compare with KY or similar unguents obtainable from Anne Summers and other reputable suppliers and most importantly, whether or not it is a "tingle" version?

See, I've done my homework! Now where's that gin bottle... :)) =))
;)))
My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: I AM AWARE OF AN ERROR COMING UP ON THE BOARD AND AM IN TOUCH WITH THE HOSTING COMPANY..

#4 Post by TheGreenAnger » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:51 pm

Mr Zogg's surfboard wax...

https://www.sexwax.com/category/wax/

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: I AM AWARE OF AN ERROR COMING UP ON THE BOARD AND AM IN TOUCH WITH THE HOSTING COMPANY..

#5 Post by 4mastacker » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:35 pm

Is that concoction of any help to Prince Harry's someone's frostbitten todger? =)) =))
It's always my fault - SWMBO

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by TheGreenAnger » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:45 pm

4mastacker wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:35 pm
Is that concoction of any help to Prince Harry's someone's frostbitten todger? =)) =))
=))

admin2
Capt
Capt

#7 Post by admin2 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:59 pm

The warning was that access to the site database was 'broken' but it appears to be settled again. The hosting company will look deeper on Monday (Aus time).

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by Boac » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:02 pm

BM - are you a regular in Ann Summers stores? (If you check your loyalty card you will see there is no 'e')

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by TheGreenAnger » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:04 pm

Boac wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:02 pm
BM - are you a regular in Ann Summers stores? (If you check your loyalty card you will see there is no 'e')
Thank you admin for the gen and the laugh!

:-bd

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#10 Post by k3k3 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:29 pm

I've noticed clicking on "First unread post" sometimes takes me to a random place in the middle of the thread.

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by Hydromet » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:59 am

k3k3 wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:29 pm
I've noticed clicking on "First unread post" sometimes takes me to a random place in the middle of the thread.
Likewise

admin2
Capt
Capt

#12 Post by admin2 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:31 am

"First unread post"
I do not see that link. I only see 'Unread posts' and 'New Posts'.

Where does this link appear on your screens? I cannot at first glance see any setting in the control panel that offers "First unread post" but will plough on through. Alison?

If you mean the red rectangle alongside the thread title, that is 'Unread Posts' and should (if you are 'logged in' so your cookies are in place) take you to the post after the last post you read.

I can see that the action 'Unread posts' (on a thread I haven't read lately) can sometimes take you to a previous page. I will investigate.

UPDATE: I see this has been reported in the past to the software team and they reply
"I have seen that sort of thing happen if there are a lot of images or attachments on the page.
The browser goes to the correct post, but then the images load afterward and scroll the correct post down the page."
Is this happening?

It may be to do with the software version since we are using an old version which Alison did not update. The last comment I have found about this is that the 'software team' are looking at modifying the action.

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by Pinky the pilot » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:10 am

And as for the product shown in the OP; Only the 'Hockey Wax' is available for shipment to Australia. ~X(

And I don't play Hockey!! [-X :ymdevil:
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by Hydromet » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:14 am

admin2, I wonder if what k3k3 & I are seeing is a mismatch between operating system new version and the forum software. Since a recent OS upgrade (iOS 13.0.1) I've noticed exactly what you've described appears to be also happening with Facebook - when I scroll, posts load, then more images load and the whole thing jumps around like a demented jack-in-the-box.

admin2
Capt
Capt

#15 Post by admin2 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:52 am

Thanks, H. Any reports from anyone on a PC rather than an IPhone? Certainly I see that behaviour (Windows) on a thread like the Ukraine one in TOP which takes a while to load all the images and links. I think it is just a database limitation.

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by Hydromet » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:45 am

Mine's on a macbook pro.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by PHXPhlyer » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:18 pm

admin2 wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:31 am
"First unread post"
I do not see that link. I only see 'Unread posts' and 'New Posts'.

Where does this link appear on your screens? I cannot at first glance see any setting in the control panel that offers "First unread post" but will plough on through. Alison?

If you mean the red rectangle alongside the thread title, that is 'Unread Posts' and should (if you are 'logged in' so your cookies are in place) take you to the post after the last post you read.

I can see that the action 'Unread posts' (on a thread I haven't read lately) can sometimes take you to a previous page. I will investigate.

UPDATE: I see this has been reported in the past to the software team and they reply
"I have seen that sort of thing happen if there are a lot of images or attachments on the page.
The browser goes to the correct post, but then the images load afterward and scroll the correct post down the page."
Is this happening?

It may be to do with the software version since we are using an old version which Alison did not update. The last comment I have found about this is that the 'software team' are looking at modifying the action.
The "First Unread Post" link appears after you click on a thread.
Many times I click on the last page of a thread and click on the "First Unread Post" link only to be sent to the top of that page, ie. first unread post on that page, not the first unread post on the thread.
I have gotten used to checking the date/time of post and going to the previous page as necessary.

Win 10 Chrome browser.

PP
PP

admin2
Capt
Capt

#18 Post by admin2 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:51 pm

Thanks, PHX - I see that.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by llondel » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:30 pm

I never spotted that link at the top of the page. I guess I learned something today.

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#20 Post by k3k3 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:21 pm

lIondel, it's a useful feature when it works.