Lost Cemeteries

General Chit Chat
Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Lost Cemeteries

#1 Post by Woody » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:50 pm

Since I seem to have caused some interest elsewhere, here’s a new thread :YMPARTY:

http://www.stjamescemetery.co.uk/
When all else fails, read the instructions.

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Lost Cemeteries

#2 Post by TheGreenAnger » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:38 pm

Woody wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:50 pm
Since I seem to have caused some interest elsewhere, here’s a new thread :YMPARTY:

http://www.stjamescemetery.co.uk/
The grave yawns wider by the day Woody, it is probably as good a time as any to book a graceful plot! ;)))

I shall play Klezmer and say Kaddish for you!

Initially I was apt to think you might have posted this...

St James Infirmary

Damn it, can't the man keep his restless soul still, wandering around like bloody Marley's ghost!" =))
My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Lost Cemeteries

#3 Post by TheGreenAnger » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:55 pm

I find the old cemeteries that one finds outside old village churches and the like in Britain, fascinating. The history that one finds in such places, is a revelation to South African abecedarians like me!

Talking about South Africa it is sad to see how neglected some historical cemeteries are there these days, usually left thus out of a mixture of spite and the general neglect or incompetence of the regime there. Places like this cemetery in Kimberley for example.

Kimberley Gladstone Cemetery
My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.