T3 to Reading

General Chit Chat
talmacapt
Capt
Capt
T3 to Reading

#1 Post by talmacapt » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:00 pm

Advice required.

Mrs TC, and I, are visiting UK and arriving LHR Terminal 3 (Finnair as BA no longer operates the route).

My son usually picks us up and transports us to Reading but cannot do so this time (boys' trip to Benidorm, don't ask).

Previously we would use the railair bus from the central bus terminal which stopped, en route at T5, and went directly to Reading station.

I understand that this runs but seems to stop at several places en route and now departs directly from T3.

I note that the Elizabeth line is an option (cheaper too, by 10p per person!!) and wonder whether it may be quicker/preferable (not been on Elizabeth line).

I understand that you can do it by "tapping in" and "tapping out".

I have two, different bank, UK debit cards as 2 cannot travel on one card (can in Helsinki).

Is it allowed to travel on the GWR (or whatever it is called) from Hayes or must one only use the Elizabeth line trains?

Is there such a thing as a ticket office at LHR?

Perhaps some of you have advice.

Opsboi
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot
Re: T3 to Reading

#2 Post by Opsboi » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:35 pm

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by tango15 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:58 pm

Might be worth a look at this as well, TC

https://www.rome2rio.com/map/London-Hea ... nd#r/Train

talmacapt
Capt
Capt

#4 Post by talmacapt » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:05 am

Thanks for the replies.

Had a think about it and decided changing trains at Hayes will involve changing platforms.

Unless it has changed with the advent of the Elizabeth line, that will involve lugging suitcases up and down stairs (Mrs TC's will, no doubt, be heavy on the return journey).

After much soul searching, many sleepless nights, I have decided to pay the extra 40p, for 2 returns, and go by Railair.