What's racist, what's not?

General Chit Chat
EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

What's racist, what's not?

#1 Post by EA01 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:34 am

Earlier this year I was sick to death of hearing about someone called Sam Kerr, who is the Austraalian Ladies Soccer Captain. Everytime the radio switched on all we heard about was Sam Kerr.

Sam is a Black Female Homosexual.

Sam assaulted a London Police officer calling him a "Stupid White Bastard", back in 2023

In January 2024 the London Police are going to press charges.

Australian Premiers & the PM do not thing it is a Racist slur.

So then, by the same logic, if I called Sam a 'Stupid Black Bitch' this would also not be recist correct??

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: What's racist, what's not?

#2 Post by EA01 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:36 am

Think not Thing sorry

unifoxos
Capt
Capt

#3 Post by unifoxos » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:55 am

Logically you are correct, but since when has logic played any part in justice?
Sent from my tatty old Windoze PC.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:48 am

justice is no longer Justice, but a name for a system of control.

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by 1DC » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:51 pm

I rather fancy if this Sam person had been nothing to do with the Australian Women's football team but just your average pissed Aussie tourist on a night out in London then she/he would have been on his/her own..Taking it a bit further the person would then probably not have been full of their own importance and would have just done as the Constable told them to do..

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#6 Post by Ex-Ascot » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:26 pm

If you want to see racist come here. When they realise we are not from SA it does help a tad. Our armed robbery with GBH 4 years ago was racist. Why otherwise continue to beat up an unconscious person. i said to the court that it was a 'hate' crime. I hope that they understood.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by EA01 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:28 am

If you want to see racist come here

I bet!

When they realise we are not from SA it does help a tad

Likewise in Malta once people found out you were not British they were very friendly indeed! .... (and they all wanted to know if you knew their cousin in Melbourne or Sydney!)

Our armed robbery with GBH 4 years ago was racist

Wow!, was that 4 years ago!?!

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by 1DC » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:45 pm

Long time ago when the McDonalds burger place was just starting to arrive in suburban England I was driving the freeway around Houston and saw a McDonald's sign so thought I would stop and see what it was like. I went in and the place fell absolutely silent and I realised I was the only white face in the place. I decided to stay and after I realised I wasn't going to get served while a black face was waiting I studied the scenery until I got my order and sat down. Eventually someone mumbled something that sounded like where y'all from? I said I was British from England. The guy said in a loud voice Oh He's from England. and they all wanted to talk to me, wanted to know all about me, about England and what I was doing there..Total change of atmosphere..

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:32 pm

Same in Georgia about 10 years ago. I stopped off the I-95 at a recommended BBQ restaurant. I was the only white guy in the place. It didn't go quiet, but everyone got chatty when I said I was from Canada.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by John Hill » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 am

In a tourist coffee place in Cairo (Egypt) about 2004 when a couple of young people walked in with Canadian stickers all over their backpacks. The atmosphere was not at all welcoming to them until my companion asked the girl where was the largest mall in North America? She knew the answer and he called out "It is OK, they really are Canadians!".

Edmonton.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by tango15 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:11 am

The time is the late 70s, the scene is JFK in midwinter. I have just got off the flight from Manchester and am waiting outside the terminal for the shuttle bus to take me to my connection with Delta.
Along comes a guy who looks and is dressed like Jon Voight in Midnight Cowboy. The guy is massive. I'm 6ft, but he towers over me. He has only carry-on baggage, but I am loaded up, prior to two weeks of flying around South America.
He keeps looking anxiously for the bus, which shows no sign of arriving. He turns to me and says, "Y'all with Delta?"
"Yes, I am" says I."
"Wanna share a cab round to their terminal - don't look like the bus is gonna turn up."
"Yes, sure," says I.
He whistles a taxi, which quickly arrives at the kerbside. Unknown to me, there was a small cabin around the corner, in which was sat a porter, a gentleman of colour. The Texan turns around to the cabin and shouts, "Hey Kunta Kinte*, get off your fat black ass and move the Limey's baggage."

*This was the central character in Roots, a series about American slavery, which received much acclaim on both sides of the Atlantic.

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by 1DC » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:13 pm

My first experience of South Africa in late 1957. First port of call was Durban and I went ashore, it was a windy day and a black chap was riding a well loaded carrier bike and his tarpaulin hat blew off and landed in the gutter near where I was walking. I picked it up and gave it to him, which surprised him, but he was grateful. An old white chap was sat on a seat watching what I was doing, he proceeded to try and give me a rollicking for doing it.

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by Hydromet » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:04 pm

Bougainville, mid 1970s. The Hash House Harriers are drinking club with a running problem. Membership is by invitation and is predominantly white, with only a couple of Bougainvillean members. One of them, Valentine, delights in introducing himself as "the token coon". He was, in fact, a delightful bloke who fitted in well and was a member because of who he was.