What a dreadful schedule!

General Chit Chat
EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

What a dreadful schedule!

#1 Post by EA01 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:59 am

Just hopped on the 'Flight radar 24' to see whats gracing our near skies tonight to see EK430

Left Dubai at 03:10 Local, and 13 hours later itd sue into brisbane.

What a bitch of a schedule!, Like Capetonian did, I avoid Emirates at all costs, I don't agree with the Ruler imprisoning his own daughters, among other thigs I do not agree with...

That aside an 03:30 dep for a 22:30 arrival 13 hors later.....and I bet the crew insisted on 'blinds down throughout the day....not for me thanks!!

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: What a dreadful schedule!

#2 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:03 pm

Back side of the clock flying and even shift work involving the same type of schedule sucks. :-q
Furthermore, it is inherently unsafe. [-X
The main trouble with the flying aspect is that it is impossible to get into any type of routine. Going from a late night arrival to leaving 24 hours later to fly all night plays hell on one's body clock.
Even doing shift work on a graveyard shift five days a week then to a more normal schedule on the weekend is just as disruptive. :-o
Ask me how I know about both types of work. :((

PP

G~Man
Capt
Capt

#3 Post by G~Man » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:56 pm

Dr. Mark Rosekind, (Google is your friend), formely of NASA and the NTSB is the gure for fatigue and sleep management. I followed him one time on the safety speaking circuit--he has a great 2 hour presentation where he keeps the audience engaged---try following that with "Flying in the wire Environment"......

He breaks the wole thing down and gives good advice---he is the one responsible for all the changes in the FAA flight time and duty hours rules.
B-) Life may not be the party you hoped for, but while you're here, you may as well dance. B-)

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by OFSO » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:40 pm

Back at work I'd have a normal office day from 08:30, go home at 17:30, then be back and on duty at 23:00 as a member of the Gold launch team, we'd put a spacecraft into orbit around 02:00, I'd be relieved around 04:00 by my counterpart in the Silver team, and back for the start of my normal day at 08:30. And yes, I did have the occasional prang in the car thru tiredness. My admiration is unbounded for aircrew who stay awake.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#5 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:58 pm

Who says we stay awake.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by EA01 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:51 am

I was kinda thinking of the punters down the back who need a hotel room for only half the night ($), but would pay full rate. Then having to be 'curtained' in darkness when your body clock says 'awake', and then arriving so late at night in Brisbane there is no public transport aside from Taxis if you live outside the Brisbane area. You've benn forced into perpetual darkness foe an awful long time, and the timing only works for Emirates I guess, certainly not the not the pax!

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by EA01 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:53 am

......And there is that small issue of the Rulers Daughters all trying to escapre Dubai too! (Oh so conveniently ignored by so many)