Life with the Ladies

General Chit Chat
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Life with the Ladies

#1 Post by OFSO » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:49 pm

She's in Northampton UK area now. The other in London, but is actually Scots, very Glaswegen. Both sweeties.

A word of advice to you young chaps on here. As much as you feel you could positively devour your bride (or similar) when you are young, if you are lucky enough to reach my age, you become aware that there are times when having a lady - I mean just one lady - about the house can be slightly wearing. Because lets face it, the fair sex have completely different - and of course, equally important and valid - interests from us men - and the constant interfacing with someone requiring involvement with matters such as cooking (I don't care, it all tastes good, just stick it on the table) clothing (yes darling you look great in that), furniture rearrangement (decorating (who cares ?) and horror of horrors, shopping, all gets a bit wearing after fifty years. Don't believe me, young 'uns ? Try discussing the changes to the F-1 regulations this year, who is up for the Six Nations, the evils of Microsoft, the politics of the oil-price drop, and see how far you get. Point Made !

The answer is obvious: double up on the distaff side. Of course I hasten to add I'm not suggesting doubling up on the sexual matters (not specifically, anyway) but having two ladies around the house who - lets be honest - will always see eye to eye with each other far more than a man would - who giggle and chat and swap secrets - and who can be flung a handful of spare change and the keys to a spare car and told to "go shopping" or "go to the cinema" or - what-yo'-will - and who will return, bright-eyed and frisky-tailed, and sit on the sofa and regale you with tales of their adventures (or not) is the way to go.

One of the two ladies in my picture, for example, was invited to this year's Christmas Lunch, where she and the mem' cooked lunch, served lunch, and cleared up afterwards. Bliss ! And the mem' herself said "I couldn't have managed without *** helping me" - and the other lady enjoyed it equally.

Still dubious ? Look at the faces of the two in my picture, what fun they are having hanging the laundry out. Great stuff.

So there you have OFSO's smidgen of wisdom for today. The wife's sister, a Polish au-pear, sorry pair, a nanny, the housekeeper, a lady relative on an extended stay: if you see signs they get on really well with your wife (and I mean really well) you know what the guest bedroom can be used for.

and then....sit back, feet up, read the paper, cat on your lap purring away....heaven !

Capetonian

Re: Life with the Ladies

#2 Post by Capetonian » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:00 pm

Where's the picture then?

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by om15 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:23 pm

I remain to be convinced of the wisdom of such a suggestion, the ways in which this could go dreadfully, horribly wrong are many.
Why voluntarily outnumber yourself? Just be content with the cat, if necessary do on line dating with the CPL and have a couple more of those, may be cheaper and less trouble in the longer term.

Capetonian

#4 Post by Capetonian » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:26 pm

My suggestions that we should get a nice hard-working Polish cleaning lady have fallen on deaf ears. Even a Slovak would have done but they take ages to do the vacuum cleaning.

The counter suggestions have not been acceptable to me. To go into detail would leave me open to accusations of racism.

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by 500N » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:37 pm

"if you are lucky enough to reach my age, you become aware that there are times when having a lady - I mean just one lady - about the house can be slightly wearing. "

Which is why both - man and woman - need a hobby / activity that is separate from the other.

And if, like me, it involves travel, hunting, going bush, it is a great circuit breaker of all things in life
as well as the woman, even for only 2 days.

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by probes » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:52 pm

Interesting. Having two men around can be quite relaxing, too :).

Capetonian

#7 Post by Capetonian » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:55 pm

Mate of mine was told by his wife he needed to get something to give him better erections. He came home with a 24 year old blonde from Wrocław and was promptly thrown out of the house. What is it with women?

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by Fliegenmong » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:28 am

Even a Slovak would have done but they take ages to do the vacuum cleaning. =)) Good one Cape!

OFSO....thought you were begining to describe some kinda weird love triangle there...
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go... Oscar Wilde

MoreAviation

#9 Post by MoreAviation » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:39 am

I couldn't help but be reminded of this clip by the name of this thread...

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ji3YIBGcow[/bbvideo]

chksix
FO
FO

#10 Post by chksix » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:07 am

It's quite telling that there's no picture as it didn't happen ;)

A lady being content with a man just sitting there.... hmm I've never seen that.

(I'm in a divorce right now....)

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by OFSO » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:19 am

Having two men around can be quite relaxing, too

Of course Mme Probes, I would never suggest that what is sauce for the goose is not sauce for the gander, also. However I would not go so far as suggesting a wife might emulate my old colleague George S's wife: one day he came home from work early and found her in bed with the Rossdorf second eleven. Must have been a big bed.

And it has been pointed out to me that (a) two ladies under one roof involved in a sexual relationship with the master of the household is a sure receipe for arguments, so don't even think about it and (b) two ladies yes, three (or more) no, as they tend to gang up on each other.

Oh, and the original photo is over on the Invasion of Europe thread.....(post 3358)

Now and then, of course, one does find one of the staff has overslept slightly and mindful of priorities is preparing the master's breakfast in a state of sweet disarray....

rgbrock1
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by rgbrock1 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:43 pm

probes wrote:Interesting. Having two men around can be quite relaxing, too :).

Bad girl. Bad, bad girl. That is NOT the topic of discussion. Now go to your room without supper and think about what you said. :D :D
Pro Deo et Constitutione — Libertas aut Mors

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by OFSO » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:19 pm

No no rg, she's quite right. Every now and then when our wives are away, some of us chaps have a supper together (one of us is a damned good fisherman and cook) and after the dishes are washed (or at least moved to one side), the curtains drawn, a few suitable logs placed in the stove, cigars are lit, glasses of port re-filled; and we have a frank and open discussion about the visectitudes of life. And sooner or later - usually later - someone sighs contentedly and says "you know, we wouldn't be having such a damned pleasant evening if The Ladies were here".

(Perhaps that isn't what Mme Probes was meaning, however).

MoreAviation

#14 Post by MoreAviation » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:30 pm

OFSO with his Harem...

Capetonian

Re: Life *** without *** the Ladies

#15 Post by Capetonian » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:31 pm

Last year I was with some friends at an all male weekend gathering at a guest farm up the west coast, about 100 km. north of Cape Town. We do it every year for the anniversary of Rhodesian UDI - yes, we're a bunch of when-wes and proud of it.

As we surveyed the empty beer bottles, the beer bellies (boeps as they're known) and the huge braai (bbq) rack laden with pork and lamb chops, boerewors, sausages, t-bone steaks, chicken parts, ribs, belly, fillet steaks ......... one of the guys commented :

"Jeez, you can tell there are no chicks around, there's not a f*cking vegetable to be seen ........"

(Bliss, for a few days anyway!)

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by 500N » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:32 pm

Going to be an interesting time for me, got a lady moving in next weekend.

Luckily she is not the PC type ! :D

rgbrock1
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by rgbrock1 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:36 pm

500N wrote:Going to be an interesting time for me, got a lady moving in next weekend.

Luckily she is not the PC type ! :D

PM sent. Read the fcuking thing!!

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#18 Post by 500N » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:41 pm

RGB

Might even be 2 of them by the end of Feb :D

rgbrock1
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by rgbrock1 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:43 pm

500N wrote:RGB

Might even be 2 of them by the end of Feb :D

You bastard! Well then, if there are 2 of them by the end of Feb. perhaps they need some meat between their two slices of bread. :)) :)

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by Rwy in Sight » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:13 pm

probes wrote:Interesting. Having two men around can be quite relaxing, too :).

Are you sure/ Running and cleaning after two men, you will be exhausted.

500N,if you write a book on how you achieved to have two ladies under the same roof - kindly reserve me a singed copy.