ATC - Pissed off

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Re: ATC - Pissed off

#21 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:59 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:29 pm
As far as I know I have only pissed of ATC once which was when I did aeros in my JP in an airway. They didn't like that. I still have the letter somewhere.
Just found it in an old log book. Well they shouldn't have sent me out without a navigator. Not my fault.
Attachments
Violation.jpg
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by Boac » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:21 am

Rimmer - weren't you on Red Dwarf? :))

"Not my fault." - certainly not. Blame the authorising QFI.

Reminds me of the time many moons ago when on 'permanent' night shift on 23(F) at Leuchars I was, being the Squadron IRE, sent off to bore holes in the sky (in an 'over-wing tanked' F6) to chase the chinagraph line for the bosses promotion. :)) As it was 'quiet time' (about 0200Z) I filed a FP to fly down the airway (for fun??) from Perth to London and then back in 'white man's land' (ie off airways). NB The Frightning had no airways kit, so I was aiming to navigate with offset TACAN. After about 30 minutes of silence, a very bored controller said "Mission 23 - would you like to turn left 70 degrees to re-enter the airway?" =))

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#23 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:38 am

Boac wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:21 am
Rimmer - weren't you on Red Dwarf? :))
Yes actually. The script writers, Robert Grant and Douglas Naylor' were in my year at school (same as Wodders) and based all their characters on class mates. I was the perfectionist prefect. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Rimmer.

Wrote to them about it once and got a signed copy of their latest book along with a lawyers letter denying everything. Lister was a couple of years behind us, a real slob. I always thought it was just a coincidence until they mentioned that Rimmer's best friend at school was Todhunter. He was. Then I watched the credits and saw who the script writers were. Doug was run over by a bus outside the school and lost his leg. Used to have swimming competitions with him. His one leg was faster than my two..
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#24 Post by Woody » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:47 am

Guess which one is me :ymdevil:

Can the last person to leave,please feed the cat.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#25 Post by Boac » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:09 pm

Fascinating. Was the dishy blonde I have seen sometimes also at your school, or was that not co-ed? Was she introduced to the story to satisfy the slavering sex-lust of Boac? I need to know.

Great series!

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#26 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:06 pm

Boac wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:09 pm
Fascinating. Was the dishy blonde I have seen sometimes also at your school, or was that not co-ed? Was she introduced to the story to satisfy the slavering sex-lust of Boac? I need to know.

Great series!
We took girlies in during my 4th year. After Wodders' time. I think that it took about two months before the first one had a bun in the oven.

This is the pad: https://chethams.com/

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#27 Post by Boac » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:08 pm

Bun master?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#28 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:01 pm

Red Dwarf is a superb series! I guess this explains Ex-Ascot' s deep focus on the solar panels. No power, no hologram!

:)

A boy has never wept nor dashed a thousand kin you can play jacks. Girls do that with a soft ball and do tricks with it.