Storm Darcy

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Storm Darcy

#1 Post by ian16th » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:40 pm

Not a night to be on late shift on any airfield on the East Coast of UK.
Darcy.jpg
I pity anyone on shift at Marham tonight.
Cynicism improves with age

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot
Re: Storm Darcy

#2 Post by Rwy in Sight » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:19 pm

I hope you guys use all the weather so when it moves south-eastward there will be little left.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Storm Darcy

#3 Post by CharlieOneSix » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:50 pm

I'll be glad when it's gone. Almost constant snow for days now but it's mixed with rain so my snowblower just clogs up within a few seconds of use. Had hoped the farmer would help clear the snow with his tractor and blade but he has family concerns. The real problem is the 35mph winds which result in drifting any dry snow. Yesterday I managed to get to the road with the car but today I got it (4x4) stuck on the lower half of my long driveway and there it stays, 50 metres from the road, with its front wheels in the air having tried to force my way through and climbed a snow bank. The drifts have worsened and the driveway - at a sunken level from adjacent fields - now has drifts of about 4 feet. Not sure how we're going to cope with the supermarket delivery tomorrow. With forecast temperatures for the next week barely above 0C I'm seriously concerned that my car will still be stuck there a week tomorrow when Mrs C16 has her Covid jab - think it may be a taxi journey.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org