Embedding Images

admin
Chief Engineer

Embedding Images

#1 Post by admin » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:25 am

For those so inclined, if you have an image on your desktop and you want to show it here, just drag it across to where you want it in the dialog/typing box. You will then get a question relating to it as an attachment. If you click on "inline" it will appear in your posting. Rather than resize large images, which would be the right thing to do, I wil crop them to size making sure that the really interresting bit is missing. So please don't.

Please note: Drag to the Full Editor & Preview box, not the Quick Reply one.

Admin

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Embedding Images

#2 Post by om15 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:01 pm

I tried that, but for some reason the transferred photo just fills the complete computer screen once in the dialog box, it must be finger trouble, I'll have a play and experiment further

admin
Chief Engineer

Re: Embedding Images

#3 Post by admin » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:16 pm

There are two versions of the reply dialog - one a Quick Reply, and the other Full Editor and Preview. Make sure you are in the Full Editor and Preview dialog. Enter your textual content, position the cursor where you want your image positioned and then drag the image off your desktop or wherever into the reply dialog. Once it has been uploaded, in the attachments box below the text box click Place Inline. And it's done. I always click Preview to check it's correct before submitting. Within reason the forum software will now resize the image to fit, to save you the trouble having to do so. (New feature just added :D )