Build a swimming pool in Botswana

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Build a swimming pool in Botswana

#1 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:43 am

Start with a hole in the ground. Then mix a load of concrete. Don't bother with shuttering just chuck spade fulls of concrete at the sides (sand). Come back the following day and the day after that doing the same. Mix mortar. Plaster it with that until it is smooth. Cover with fibre glass sheeting. Use a roller to cover that with resin. Coat with plastic type paint and fill with water. That doesn't cover all the plumbing but that was conventional.

Amazingly it is fine. So far.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Build a swimming pool in Botswana

#2 Post by Woody » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:12 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:43 am
Start with a hole in the ground. Then mix a load of concrete. Don't bother with shuttering just chuck spade fulls of concrete at the sides (sand). Come back the following day and the day after that doing the same. Mix mortar. Plaster it with that until it is smooth. Cover with fibre glass sheeting. Use a roller to cover that with resin. Coat with plastic type paint and fill with water. That doesn't cover all the plumbing but that was conventional.

Amazingly it is fine. So far.
Post updates on the interweb and keep people all over the world entertained :))
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Re: Build a swimming pool in Botswana

#3 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:15 pm

Well here we are one month on and problems..........so far.

Must say thaf the massive blue underwater light at night amuses us.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.