Women's Soccer

Whether a participant or, dare I say it, a spectator - enjoy.
reddo
Capt
Capt
Women's Soccer

#1 Post by reddo » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:55 pm

Well, it's literally kicking off.
Matildas are through to the semi final, as are the Lionesses.
There has been some spectacular soccer played.

bob2s
Capt
Capt

Re: Women's Soccer

#2 Post by bob2s » Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:09 am

Twas a great game to watch, it ebbed to and fro for the entire game including the extra time as well as the penalty shoot-out. Unlike the men's games,
very little time was wasted by players writhing on the ground with supposed injuries. Now all they have to do is keep going for 2 more games and carry
off the trophy. Go Matildas. :-bd

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by tango15 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:17 am

I'm sorry, but I just can't get to grips with it. I've done stewarding at several of these international games, and have seen several of them from beginning to end, but for reasons I just can't explain, it just does nothing for me.
At one recent game, I was covering the area where they enter the stadium to a reception after the game. There were loads of kids lined up with t-shirts and programmes, wanting them signed. Only two of the team came over, signed as quickly as they could, and moved on. Other than that, there was no interaction whatsoever. If the game is to succeed, they need to be taught a little more humility.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by G-CPTN » Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:07 pm

Agreed.
All 'personalities' - whether they be sporting or entertainment would do well to realise who makes them 'personalities'.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by tango15 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:42 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:07 pm
Agreed.
All 'personalities' - whether they be sporting or entertainment would do well to realise who makes them 'personalities'.
:-bd

I've met loads of them from across all realms of life over the years. Like all humans, they are all different, but those whose names are never off the front pages seem to be the worst offenders. Interestingly, those who were businessmen, a number of whom were knights of the realm, were very pleasant to deal with and were never anything but polite and humorous. I was on first-name terms with three of them.