Military Records in Civillian Life

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers who have taken the Oath, worn the uniform & even loitered in harm's way occasionally.
ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Military Records in Civillian Life

#1 Post by ian16th » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:35 am

I'm starting this thread because of something that cropped up on the Stupid things you did as a child... thread.

The exposure of Ricardians hideous criminal record:
And when I had the 5-yearly reviews of my security clearances in the RAF and the Civil Service for the next 40 years I had to solemnly declare that 7/6 fine on all the documentation
I believe that nowadays ones military record is available to the courts and possibly the Plod.

This is where I now admit to also being a criminal.

I once slept through my train stopping at Peterborough and ended up at Kings Cross and was late getting back to Marham were I was charged and found guilty of being 'Absent without leave' for about 2 or 3 hours. For this I was reprimanded.

If my service record is now made available to the authorities why should I be penalised for what is effectively 'being late for work'?
Something that would be a matter between my employer and me, but definitely not a criminal offence.

There are many offences we were liable to commit under QR's and AMO's that were not and are not civilian offences.
Cynicism improves with age

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Military Records in Civillian Life

#2 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:34 pm

Ian, or were civil offences but are now actively condoned including BOAC's back to back sex. He wasn't on Jaguars was he😂?