Banter?

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers who have taken the Oath, worn the uniform & even loitered in harm's way occasionally.
Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Banter?

#21 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:18 am

FD2, on my penultimate posting work was proceeding as normal, I collected my blue card, wandered around the station discovering secret places such a bike store, forms store, library etc, card completed I dropped it off at handbrake House and went back to get my things.

Not having seen my wg cdr recently I popped up to his office and said goodbye. He seemed startled that I was going and said he would see me Monday.

I rather like the US system where you are given orders (at least in movies).

I recall one story in the US. Chap would get a brilliant firewall report and a posting. New boss would ring old for a chat and get the real report.

limeygal
Capt
Capt

#22 Post by limeygal » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:08 pm

I thought long and hard about responding to this thread, as I expect I will be opening myself up to abuse, judging by the attitudes of previous posters. I decided what the hell, so listen up...we shouldn't have to accept being molested by people in authority. What exactly is a bit of "fun?" I certainly wouldn't want to be "felt up" by some aging lothario. If that kind of behaviour is acceptable to you would you would be OK with it happening to your daughter? IT IS NEVER OK. Both men and women should expect to be treated with respect in the workplace, military or civilian. I am embarrassed for those of you who think otherwise.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by Boac » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:15 pm

No need to feel embarrassed for me, LG.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#24 Post by FD2 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:01 pm

Well said LG - it was never a comfortable idea and I never witnessed it in over 40 years service or civilian work but skilled repartee could put the men back in their places if well handled! Perhaps some of this is a bit of bravado? 😉

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#25 Post by om15 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:34 pm

This is true.
The F27 had a known problem in that the vertical and rear stab deicer boots could come adrift, not visible on a walk round, but in flight and functioning could cause problems and vibrations. Incoming flight reported vibrations from the back so I got a ladder to have a look.
The hostie, who was an absolute stunner, wandered over and asked me what I was doing, without thinking I said that I was looking for vibration round the back end,
"Ooh, I LOVE vibrations round the back end"
I went very red and leapt up my ladder.