If former forum member hawkerj96 is still visiting, please contact admin as we have a new member who wishes to contact you about John Hawke

Satellite TV in Spain

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Satellite TV in Spain

#1 Post by OFSO » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:47 pm

Last year, as many people know, most of us watching UK TV via ASTRA/SES in the southern part of Europe lost the majority of channels as programming was switched to a UK & RNI spotbeam on a new bird. It still left us with some non UK channels plus SKY News & Pick, CNN, CBC, RT, and a few other thrillers etc.

Last autumn, about four months (?) after losing the channels, but still having reception of the aforementioned, I did a rescan on my Freesat box to see if any new channels popped up, and lost all the remaining ones, with the Freesat receiver telling me I'd lost the dedicated EPG/guide channel so couldn't find the rest. Tried some hard- and soft-ware tweaks, changed the LNB for a spare, but ol' Freesat was dead. So assuming that channel had also been switched to the spotbeam, I put the Freesat receiver to one side and reverted to a backup system, a really REALLY old SKY box.

Day before yesterday, being bored and ill-at-ease, I dug the Freesat box out, blew the dust off, plugged it into a spare dish and up came a 100% strength/100% quality signal. Typed in my postcode and it downloaded the channels I was getting before. Has worked ever since.

(Expletive deleted) electronics.