Aviation Humour

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Aviation Humour

#41 Post by FD2 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:08 pm

tango15 - love it! :))

Approaching one of the platforms off the Norfolk coast, the HLO had his microphone stuck on transmit. The noise of our approach and landing was transmitted around the area. When he had fixed his headset I told him on the radio that I had heard myself coming. :YMPARTY:

A chum who was making his take off call from a nearby rig one night went by the name of Shirt. Quick as a flash the chap I was flying with said "that would be shirt lifting then, would it?" :YMAPPLAUSE:

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#42 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:22 am

helicopter.JPG
helicopter.JPG (26.75 KiB) Viewed 313 times
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#43 Post by AtomKraft » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:50 am

One time as we checked in with BHX, on 118.05, I announced we were an Embraer with Lulu. The ATIS was transmitting information Lima.

He said, its Moo-moo now....

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#44 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:14 pm

Back in the 60s the non-shiny fleet, ie Bomber Command used a 5 letter callsign Mike x x x x Well one day our callsign was MWVBG. The flt eng kept muttering Mike Whisky Vodak Brandy Gin. Sure enough the Co called up with the wrong words.

Another time some idiot assigned us the callsign Mike Tango Uniform Romeo Delta for a trip to the US. Now the US much prefer word callsign rather than phonetics.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#45 Post by FD2 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:01 pm

Sitting on a gas platform deck in the southern North Sea one morning unloading passengers, I heard a friend flying out to the same field from Yarmouth in an S76 callsign G-DRNT, on a track which would take him overhead. He made a call to say he was entering the field from the south west, and as he was clearly in sight I replied "Roger, see you enn tee". It was fun to relieve the monotony sometimes.