A Concord 2 will be built ( Yeah Rite )

Happy SLF

A Concord 2 will be built ( Yeah Rite )

#1 Post by Happy SLF » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:17 am

An Airbus design for a successor to Concorde will fly at 4.5 times the speed of sound and get passengers
from London to New York in one hour flat.

The Concorde 2 would take off vertically and fly at speeds of 3,425 miles per hour – three times faster
than the original Concorde, according to a video by Patent Yogi.

http://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/new ... li=AAaeXZz

IF and I mean it's a big IF this is ever built I bet people in the U.S.A. try very, very hard to get it banned.
Of course IF it was made by Boeing then .........

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: A Concord 2 will be built ( Yeah Rite )

#2 Post by boing » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:18 pm

If it is going to be banned in the US I would suggest that it should be because it is so pig-ugly (sorry pigs).
If an aircraft flies right because it looks right this attempt is doomed.

Who would want the beautiful Concord to be associated by name with this twisted toothpaste tube?

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

henry crun

Re: A Concord 2 will be built ( Yeah Rite )

#3 Post by henry crun » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:10 pm

When looking at patents you need to understand how patents work and how patents are used by companies. Often a patent is used simply as a means of disclosure. This prevents anyone else from fiing a patent because the idea has already been disclosed formally through the patent system. This way you are free to use your ideas, rather than finding you are blocked by somebody else who has quietly patented any of them.

This patent looks very much like a portmanteau patent in which many different ideas are disclosed simply for disclosure, with no intention of patenting any of them. The portmanteau patent is very cost-effective, you can disclose many ideas for a single set of fees.