Impact of coronavirus on aviation industry.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Impact of coronavirus on aviation industry.

#721 Post by barkingmad » Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:28 pm

How are those who took the clotshot against their better judgement, just to keep their jobs, going to feel about this revelation?

https://www.theepochtimes.com/united-ai ... 29070.html

Do I sense the US lawyers are sharpening their quill pens with renewed vigour and salivating over the financial bonuses looming large?

I don’t suppose the decision is remotely connected with the bad press about the US’s favourite ‘stab’ and the avalanche of damages claims which will result?
:-w

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#722 Post by PHXPhlyer » Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:15 pm

Woody wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:16 am
Latest news from Perry Oaks International, BA moving 8 long haul flights into T3 in the next couple of months, AA are moving flights from T3 to T5 and T4 is due to reopen for pax in July #:-S
BA also moving ISB to LGW and making it daily.
Some flights will continue to use T3.

https://simpleflying.com/american-airli ... mmer-2022/

American Airlines Ups Usage Of Heathrow Terminal 5 This Summer
BY DANIEL MARTÍNEZ GARBUNO
PUBLISHED 19 HOURS AGO
Up to 11 daily flights from American Airlines will be operated from Heathrow’s Terminal 5.

Beginning on March 27, American Airlines will further expand its presence in London Heathrow International Airport’s (LHR) Terminal 5. It will co-locate up to 11 daily flights making a more seamless experience for customers connecting with oneworld partners like British Airways and Iberia.

Which flights will be impacted?
Between March 27 and October 30, American Airlines flights between London Heathrow and Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), and New York (JFK) will arrive and depart from Terminal 5. American Airlines operates its Boeing B777-200 and -300 fleet on these flights, having nearly 126,000 seats available in March 2022.

American also flies to London from Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Philadelphia, Phoenix, and Raleigh-Durham. Still, these flights will not be impacted and will continue to arrive and depart from Heathrow’s Terminal 3. From these cities, American Airlines is offering 93,500 seats in March.

This is not the first time American Airlines repositions some flights across to Terminal 5. In 2020, it moved four services from these same cities.

Jose Freig, American’s Vice President of International Operations and Premium Guest Services, said,

“London is a critical gateway for our customers traveling around the world. By co-locating alongside our partners in Terminal 5, our joint customers will enjoy unprecedented convenience when connecting. We look forward to further integrating our operations this summer, both in the United States and London, as we aim to continue elevating our customers’ experience.”

American Airlines Boeing 777-223(ER) N754AN (2)The Atlantic Joint Business moves forward
Moving some of American Airlines flights to Heathrow’s Terminal 5 bring the Atlantic Joint Business partners, including Iberia, even closer together, said American.

Earlier this year, American Airlines and British Airways unveiled their plans to co-locate operations at JFK’s Terminal 8, beginning on December 1, 2022.

Between British Airways and American Airlines, they will operate 14 daily departures a day between London and New York City.

Once both carriers move to Terminal 8 at JFK New York, they will be able to offer customers a better transfer experience. They will also enable travelers to fly to more than 30 destinations across the US, Caribbean, and Latin America, said Neil Chernoff, British Airways' Director of Network and Alliances.

American Airlines Boeing 777-223(ER) N779AN
American Airlines offers nearly 126,000 seats between LHR, DFW, LAX, MIA, and JFK. Photo: Vincenzo Pace | Simple Flying.
How’s American Airlines doing currently?
American Airlines is operating 170,335 flights in March 2022, offering over 20.6 million seats worldwide. It is the world’s largest airline by scheduled flights, according to data provided by OAG.

Nonetheless, compared to March 2019, American Airlines is still offering 14.3% fewer flights and 7.5% fewer seats, due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic worldwide, according to data provided by Cirium.

Last month, the airline said in a filing with the Securities Exchange Committee,

"While demand for domestic and short-haul international markets has largely recovered to 2019 levels, uncertainty remains regarding the timing of a full recovery. American will continue to match its forward capacity with observed booking trends for future travel and make further adjustments to American’s capacity as needed."

PP

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#723 Post by Woody » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:43 pm

BA’s Phoenix departure is one of those moving back to T3 :D
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#724 Post by Woody » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:36 am

The airport's passenger numbers last month were still nearly 50% down on pre-pandemic levels.
However the airport is recruiting 12,000 staff to try and cope with demand during the summer peak.
Believe me they’re going to be nowhere near that figure :((

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#725 Post by Woody » Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:07 am

https://www.news24.com/fin24/companies/ ... e-20220316

Wasn’t a political move at all, nothing to do with Comair moving their heavy maintenance from SAA to Lufthansa Tecknik , nothing at all, definitely not :((

Meanwhile BA057 overnight delay again, due to A380 availability , or lack of.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#726 Post by Woody » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:59 pm

Absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they got rid of the experienced staff, cut everyone’s wages etc :((

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 39788.html

Edit- I’m off this weekend, so not guilty.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#727 Post by Woody » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:17 am

BA start operating long haul flights from T3 again tomorrow, NBO,BGI and MCO with more to follow next month.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#728 Post by Woody » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:46 pm

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#729 Post by Woody » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:38 am

I seem to remember Ibbie having a complaint about BA using Iberia Express for his flight to LGW, well now this at Perry Oaks International :-o
It’s set to be a busy summer period as we build up our operation post-pandemic and we’re grateful for everyone’s hard work on our journey to get there. To help support our colleagues and customers, we’re temporarily expanding our relationship with oneworld partner Finnair by wet-leasing some of its aircraft and crew on some European routes.

The agreement starts on 3rd May with two aircraft, with a further two aircraft joining from June, operating out of our home in Terminal 3 for a period of four months.

This gives us additional time to carry out maintenance work on some of our short-haul fleet which was parked during the height of the pandemic. Once the maintenance is complete, we’ll be able to return to using our full fleet of aircraft.

Finnair won’t be using all of its aircraft capacity in summer 2022 due to Russian airspace being closed, so we’re pleased to be able to work together with our oneworld partner to support our colleagues and customers through a busy summer operation.
Elsewhere I’m sure Capetonian would be thrilled with this news :ymdevil:
Manchester Airport will reopen Terminal Three this week in a bid to ease ongoing problems including delays and queues.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#730 Post by Woody » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:28 pm

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Coronabollocks..

#731 Post by Woody » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:23 am

My employer, with typical planning and foresight brought in variable shift lengths as part of their strategy for survival, they’ve rostered so many long shifts since February that most of us are going out hours, so instead of giving us a day off, a new short shift has been introduced, my late shifts finish at 1700 this weekend :-bd

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#732 Post by Woody » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:51 am

Bet most of you are glad to be out of this s**t show

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61835843

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#733 Post by k3k3 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:48 am

Woody wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:23 am
My employer, with typical planning and foresight brought in variable shift lengths as part of their strategy for survival, they’ve rostered so many long shifts since February that most of us are going out hours, so instead of giving us a day off, a new short shift has been introduced, my late shifts finish at 1700 this weekend :-bd
Why don't they just pay you for the overtime?

During GW1 I was averaging about 100 hours of overtime a month, we were supposed to take time off in lieu, but after a few months the "powers that be" realised this was impossible and divided our monthly salary by 167 to get an hourly rate and paid us.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#734 Post by Woody » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:52 am

Overtime is not compulsory in my contract, so we have these short shifts and management have to incentivise o/t to try and cover the operation, some people are taking home a small fortune in wages .

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#735 Post by llondel » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:09 am

Woody wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:23 am
I know someone who had a contract that was 160 hours/month (might have been 4 weeks), on the basis that they had a fluctuating workload. Then they'd use up everyone's hours in the first three weeks and then have to encourage people to do overtime to cover the fourth week.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#736 Post by boing » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:18 am

yes, as in my old company when the head of pilot manpower said at a meeting that we could not be short of pilots because his spreadsheet said we had plenty.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#737 Post by Woody » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:43 am

I would like to point out that I’ve absolutely nothing to do with Terminal 2 baggage system or failure there of :p

Mind you if anyone finds out that HAL built it without one and that they’re actually using the old T1 baggage system, questions might be asked :-o

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#738 Post by OFSO » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:47 pm

The nature of Comrade Woody's precise tasks at the landing place of the great silver birds is a matter of some speculation, and one does not know whether it augments or decreases the desire to go there.....

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#739 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:08 pm

Heathrow...

.. that's Woody's task. :D

Well, my friends and family are making a point of only using Heathrow this year, and nothing's been lost yet, so he and his oppos must be doing something right.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#740 Post by Woody » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:00 am

Well he would say that wouldn’t he :((

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61933731