Loganair for sale.....

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Loganair for sale.....

#1 Post by CharlieOneSix » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:04 pm

Scottish airline Loganair is being sold with the hope of new owners taking over the business by mid-2023.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... s-63194336
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Loganair for sale.....

#2 Post by Woody » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:06 pm

Hopefully they won’t be bought by a bunch of asset stripping bankers or even worse the Scottish Government :-o
When all else fails, read the instructions.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by CharlieOneSix » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:32 pm

Woody wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:06 pm
Hopefully they won’t be bought by a bunch of asset stripping bankers or even worse the Scottish Government :-o
Agreed. At least the Bonds were an aviation family and not a bunch of accountants who only understood the bottom line. Their late father David was a wartime Lancaster pilot who started a cropspraying helicopter company which morphed into Management Aviation and North Scottish Helicopters and they became Bond Helicopters. David offered me a job in '74 but I turned it down. His sons Geoff and Michael(?) did most of the flying on the Trinity House and Northern Lighthouse Board lighthouse contracts with Bolkow 105 helicopters. David's other son Stephen was more on the business side and together with his younger brother Peter seems to have made a success of Loganair.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Woody » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:17 pm

Ricardian connecting to the rest of the world :-o

https://ukaviation.news/loganair-to-lau ... route/amp/

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Woody » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:34 pm

Anyone else seen the random Loganair adverts on TV tonight #:-S

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by TheGreenAnger » Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:46 am

Woody wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:34 pm
Anyone else seen the random Loganair adverts on TV tonight #:-S
No, but now I have...

I prefer this one... as would Ricardian I suspect!

My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Loganair for sale.....Oh no it isn't........

#7 Post by CharlieOneSix » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:10 pm

The sale of Scottish airline Loganair has been “halted,” its owners have announced.

Stephen and Peter Bond, said they will remain as the owners of the company for the “foreseeable future”. They commented that “the suspension of the sale process allows the Company to complete the re-fleet programme and address the specific issues impacting the world-wide supply chain availability and costs.

Loganair no longer for sale

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by Woody » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:32 am

It’s good to see them coming into LHR, such a change from the usual operators :D

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by OneHungLow » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:41 pm

Woody wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:32 am
It’s good to see them coming into LHR, such a change from the usual operators :D
In what sense Woody?

The mavericks midst the traditional big players...???

Well done to the Bonds for rethinking it.
The observer of fools in military south and north...

ricardian
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by ricardian » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:18 pm

From BBC Radio Orkney (on Facebook):
Loganair has been praised for its return to profitability following the pandemic while improving terms for its staff, as it won the award of ‘Airline of the Year’ from Europe’s Regional Airlines Association.
Judges at a ceremony in Austria recognised Loganair's efforts to reduce emissions. It's 5 years since the Glasgow-based airline last won the title. Since then, Loganair has grown into the UK’s biggest regional airline, measured by passenger and aircraft numbers.
Passengers in Orkney and Shetland have been raising concerns on social media about the number of disrupted and cancelled Loganair flights.
Here are comments from some of Loganair's passengers from Orkney & Shetland in response to that BBC Radio Orkney item:
No wonder they're low emissions, they never go!
Airline o the year? Must o been the only airline in the competition.
I think Fritzel won dad of the year at same awards.
How is that even possible🤣🤣 can hardly get of the island, if it was no for the ferry’s it would be like being stuck on Alcatraz.
Not to mention the soaring prices and massive delays or cancellations....maximum profit minimum customer satisfaction.
It’s not just Shetland and Orkney, Western Isles feel the disruptions too!
Reduce prices and actually go would be a help! Cant create emissions when you dont take off anyway! The knock on effect of not going is expensive for the customer as we have to find an alternative as you always manage to "sort" something just before the 3 hours window of refunds. Listen to the travellers more would also be a benefit.
After his booked flight on Friday afternoon from Aberdeen, my son eventually landed in Kirkwall at 1920 on Sunday...mibe pay attention to the passengers as much as the staff...
Is it April 1st??
And can you believe that when my brother arrived from Canada flight from edinburgh to orkney was cancelled. So 6 people were put in a hotel overnight and then 3 taxis took them up to Aberdeen the next day for a flight.
Ricardian, Stronsay, Orkney UK
www.stronsaylimpet.co.uk
visitstronsay.com
https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/EGER