Passengers Behaving Badly

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Passengers Behaving Badly

#1 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:34 pm

Late-Arriving Delta Passenger Commandeers P.A. System To Demand To Be Let Onto Flight

https://viewfromthewing.com/late-arrivi ... to-flight/

Late for his flight, a Delta Air Lines passenger began banging on the door at his boarding gate in New Orleans. Perhaps he did not realize that when this door is closed there’s literally no one on the other side of it to open it back up. Pounding on the door won’t get a staffer’s attention.

Once the door is closed it is highly unlikely to be re-opened. You need a gate agent, and it’s only the rarest circumstances that anything can or will be done. This man wasn’t giving up, though.

He decided to make an announcement, broadcast on the airport’s public address system, to demand that he be allowed to board. His language does get a bit ‘NSFW’ as he implores someone to “open this ‘m-f’ gate.”

https://www.tiktok.com/share/video/7245 ... 4779300138

Not only isn’t this a strategy to make it onto his scheduled flight, it isn’t a strategy for getting rebooked quickly to make it to his destination as soon as possible either.

PP

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Passengers Behaving Badly

#2 Post by tango15 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:46 am

I've seen similar incidents more times than I can remember. Why is it so difficult for people to make it to the gate in time when so much information is provided? I once remember a businessman who'd turned up too late at the gate for the easyJet flight to AMS, which was pushing back. '"Can't I run after it?" he asked one of the gate staff. "I doubt if Usain Bolt could catch that," was my response. Apparently, he'd been on his phone and hadn't heard the final call.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#3 Post by Ex-Ascot » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:14 am

Only ever had one incident. Before push back a girl giving a blow job to her boy friend. The cabin supervisor (CS) initially thought that she was asleep resting her head on his lap. Some Spic land departure they had smoked all their grass before departure to avoid customs at Gatwick. Chucked off of course. The incident report by the CS was a corker. Wish I had copied it.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:23 pm

AMERICAN AIRLINES PASSENGER HAS MELTDOWN OVER “IMAGINARY” PASSENGER

https://liveandletsfly.com/american-air ... passenger/

Meltdown On American Airlines: Woman Freaks Out Over “Imaginary” Passenger
I’m trying to make sense of the video below, which has gone viral with millions of views on TikTok. The video is totally not safe for work in terms of the coarse language, but it is a fascinating look at what occurred onboard.

“I’m telling you, I’m getting the f*** off and there’s a reason why I’m getting the f*** off and everyone can either believe it or they can not believe it!

“I don’t give two f****, but I am telling you right now – that m*****f***** back there is NOT real. And you can sit on this plane and you can die with them or not. I’m not going to.”

Here’s the video:

Oddly, the TikTok user who posted the video claimed the woman “somehow didn’t get arrested and got back through security after the whole plane had to deplane.”

CONCLUSION
Can someone make sense of this video? It appears to me that she went ballistic over a passenger she determined…was not real. Strange stuff.

UPDATE: The original video was removed, perhaps due to a legal threat from the deranged woman’s attorney. That is a false threat…yet here is a (censored) video of what happened:

PP

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by llondel » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:56 pm

Perhaps she thought she was a firework? Lots of them are let off today.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by Boac » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:26 am

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by OneHungLow » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:40 am

I feel a certain sympathy for the attacker, not least because he partially controlled his rage until they had deplaned! The so-called victim is clearly an idiot.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-styl ... 71952.html
Lee Ryan, of the boy band Blue, was allegedly assaulted by a passenger while on a Turkish Airlines flight on Saturday (8 July).

The singer was allegedly attacked during the flight from Georgia to Istanbul after he “put his feet” on a seat and was “defended” by the other members of the band.

Ryan, 40, sustained an injury to his leg after the passenger allegedly “pushed him down a flight of stairs” after the plane landed, the band said in a statement.

The statement, posted to the band’s official Instagram account, read: “While on a flight from Georgia to Istanbul, Turkey, with Turkish Airlines today (Saturday 8 July 2023), Lee Ryan was physically assaulted by a male passenger.

“Lee and the rest of the band defended him from the attack, which continued after the plane had landed when the passenger pushed Lee down a flight of stairs causing an injury to his leg.

“Both parties were spoken to by the police in Turkey and to which Lee voluntarily gave a victim statement supported by the band.”

It continued: “Lee was not at any point arrested, detained or charged with any offence and after giving his statement, was free to continue his journey.

“The assault occurred after Lee had put his fee ton the seat which was considered culturally insensitive and for which Lee has apologised for any unknowing offence caused.”

It comes after Ryan was found guilty of racially aggravated assault on a British Airways air hostess while he was drunk on a plane.

In January, the court heard that the singer had drunk a whole bottle of port before getting on the delayed flight from Glasgow to London on 31 July 2022.

He told a flight attendant, who is Black, that he wanted “your chocolate children” and called her a “chocolate cookie” after he was refused more alcohol on the plane. After the flight attendant, Leah Gordon, told him to “stay away”, she said he grabbed both her wrists before passengers intervened.

Ryan was also accused of assaulting a police officer, after he allegedly tried to bite one of the officers who attempted to arrest him on his arrival at the airport.

He apologised in court and insisted he wasn’t racist because his band member Simon Webbe is Black and he has had “Black girlfriends, mixed-race girlfriends” in the past.

“I didn’t mean to cause any distress to anyone or be racist, it was just a poor choice of words, I suppose,” he said, adding that he had no recollection of most of the flight.

He has since withdrawn his guilty plea for drunkenly assaulting a police officer during his arrest. A decision on whether he will face a trial will be made this month.
The observer of fools in military south and north...

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by PHXPhlyer » Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:07 pm

Sun Country passenger opens emergency hatch, flees across tarmac at MSP

https://www.fox9.com/news/sun-country-m ... ees-tarmac

MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) - A passenger on a Sun Country flight from Orlando opened the emergency hatch, jumped off the wing, and fled across the tarmac at Terminal 2 late Sunday night, according to MSP airport officials.

The flight from Orlando landed shortly after 11 p.m. and, according to sources, MSP Airport Police were waiting for the suspect at the gate, however before the officer could board the plane to take the suspect into custody, he opened the emergency hatch, went onto the wing, jumped off and ran across the tarmac toward the terminal. Police located the suspect about 45 minutes later hiding in a LSG Sky Chef truck.

The 44-year-old suspect, who was wanted for violating a no-contact order, was taken into custody by MSP Airport Police.

FOX 9 has reached out to Sun County, which said the passenger was seated in the exit row and left the aircraft.

"We take these incidents very seriously, and the crew called airport police who responded quickly," Sun Country told FOX 9, adding "Fortunately, Passengers and crew are fine."

PP

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by Rwy in Sight » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:37 am

PHXPhlyer wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:07 pm
Sun Country passenger opens emergency hatch, flees across tarmac at MSP

https://www.fox9.com/news/sun-country-m ... ees-tarmac

MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) - A passenger on a Sun Country flight from Orlando opened the emergency hatch, jumped off the wing, and fled across the tarmac at Terminal 2 late Sunday night, according to MSP airport officials.

The flight from Orlando landed shortly after 11 p.m. and, according to sources, MSP Airport Police were waiting for the suspect at the gate, however before the officer could board the plane to take the suspect into custody, he opened the emergency hatch, went onto the wing, jumped off and ran across the tarmac toward the terminal. Police located the suspect about 45 minutes later hiding in a LSG Sky Chef truck.

The 44-year-old suspect, who was wanted for violating a no-contact order, was taken into custody by MSP Airport Police.

FOX 9 has reached out to Sun County, which said the passenger was seated in the exit row and left the aircraft.

"We take these incidents very seriously, and the crew called airport police who responded quickly," Sun Country told FOX 9, adding "Fortunately, Passengers and crew are fine."

PP
A jet blue steward had done the same about 10 years ago. He was on the galley, grabbed a lager open the emergency exit and run away somewhere in the apron.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by tango15 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:27 am

Idiots! I thought everyone knew that you never put a perp in a window seat, for precisely that reason, especially if he is unaccompanied. The information about him would be in the PNR (Passenger Name Record), which would be visible when he checked in.
We did a lot of deportations at Luton, and they were always put at the back of the aircraft, whether accompanied or not, so that they could enter and leave the aircraft discreetly. Usually, there were two sets of steps at the aircraft. The captain and cabin crew were also informed.
I love the fact that he hid in a Sky Chef catering van. I wonder whether he helped himself to any of the food?

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by Woody » Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:22 am

I love the fact that he hid in a Sky Chef catering van. I wonder whether he helped himself to any of the food?
Probably better than prison food Actually isn’t the 8th amendment about cruel and inhumane punishment :D
When all else fails, read the instructions.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:58 pm

SCHMUCK SMUGLY SHOVES HIS WAY OFF AMERICAN AIRLINES FLIGHT WHILE CLAIMING, “I MAKE THE RULES AS I GO!”

https://liveandletsfly.com/american-airlines-shoves/
Pics and videos in link.

I can empathize with the desire to get off an aircraft when the flight lands: it is a desire I share. But there are protocols in place for doing so, particularly that you wait your turn to step off. A smug schmuck failed to wait his turn on American Airlines, instead forcing his way past a pair of woman…by simply shoving them to the side.

Man Shoves His Way Past Two Women On American Airlines Then Yells At Them For Being Upset
Some people simply have no decency. Here’s the story in a nutshell, which took place onboard an American Airlines Airbus A321 jet: a man in a puffy gold Michael Kors jacket wanted to get off the aircraft earlier even though he was seated near the back of the aircraft. He asked the lady in front of him to move and she refused. Undeterred, he simply shoved her to the side in order to get past her. Then he did the same thing to the woman in front of her.

Man: I understand that we all are waiting…

Passenger: Well, that’s not how I work!..

Man: Well, I make up the rules as I go. I don’t know about you, but I do. And guess what? I’m breaking them now too.

He then shoved the woman in front of him to get past her and then did the same thing to another woman.

Someone yelled, “We’ve got a hostile one back here! He’s knocking people over!” The man was not amused.

Man: “Don’t be rude to me because the one thing I can be is rude back to you is what I can be.

Flight Attendant: “Ok, let’s just take it down a notch.”

Man: “I am. But she thought I’m hostile. I can be rude as well…

Victim: “You pushed me!”

Man: “I didn’t push no damn body! You want to stand in the way like you’re a bodyguard! I moved you outta my way, that’s what I did!”

What a piece of work…and it was captured on video:

Video Player

00:00
00:45

Some have defended the man, calling the woman he first pushed a “Karen” for refusing to move for him:

“I don’t get how people say that he pushed Karen in the pink dress when she pushed back when he was starting to go forward!”

And the man in gold ran a victory lap on TikTok, talking about the incident on his own channel.

“If you’re going to stand in my way. If you’re going to act like you’re not going to move when I asked you nicely as I could be to move. I asked you nicely to please move and you didn’t move. You looked at me and addressed me as if I didn’t exist. So, I moved you myself. Because you didn’t exist at that point either! And for the lady in the back, “Oh, I break the rules too,” guess what? How’d that work out for you darling? How did it?!”

https://www.tiktok.com/@fvogueswier/vid ... 6287193646

Or here (NSFW):

https://www.tiktok.com/@fvogueswier/vid ... _device=pc

Proper Protocol For Stepping Off An Airplane
When the seatbelt light goes off, everyone tends to stand up. It creates a traffic jam in the aisle. Since most planes empty front to back, if you’re in the back, you must be prepared to wait awhile to step off. The idea that you can assault your way up the line is lunacy.

You are not required to move for someone who taps you on the shoulder or bumps you…even if they ask nicely. If that person wanted to get off first, he should have bought a seat in the first row.

Even if that person has a tight connection, there is still not reasonable expectation that you can push your way through the line.

This loser should have charged with assault and battery.

And yet some defend Kevin and dismiss his victims as Karen. What an upside down world…

CONCLUSION
The schmuck who shoved his way forward on an American Airlines has no justification for such action. When a plane lands, you wait your turn to get off: you can’t touch other people against their will just to get off a little quicker. I hope American Airlines bans him…

PP

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:24 pm

Plane returns to JFK after “waiter” tiff between Joel Ghansham, cabin attendant

https://theworldnews.net/gy-news/plane- ... -attendant

An American Airlines flight, destined for Guyana, returned to New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport Tuesday night after a disagreement between well-known Indian cultural personality, Joel Ghansham, and a cabin attendant, he said.

Ghansham said the discord stemmed from him calling a cabin attendant a “waiter”, after which the AA staffer threatened to have the plane return to JFK. Ghansham said shortly after, the pilot told passengers on the intercom that they needed to buckle up as they were landing at JFK International Airport.

The flight, AA 2557, departed JFK at 7:53 PM Tuesday but at 8:35 PM, at an altitude of 35,000 feet, diverted and returned to JFK where it landed at 9:27 PM Tuesday.

He said after disembarking the plane he was approached by a police officer and a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agent who asked him what transpired and eventually allowed him to leave the airport. Ghansham said he and other passengers are now scheduled to leave JFK on Wednesday. “They didn’t take a statement or anything,” he said.

Ghansham said the tension between him and the cabin attendant stemmed from his refusal to assist him to place his baggage in the overhead locker, although he explained that he had a surgery. “He said ‘no, I don’t do that’. He said ‘I don’t get paid that kind of money but if you don’t like it there is always another airline’,” Ghansham told Demerara Waves Online News. Four months ago had a critical spine surgery to his neck, he said.

Another cabin attendant, he said, agreed to assist him after which he went to his business class seat.

A FlightAware tracker showing the AA flight returning to JFK Airport

Ghansham noted that the cabin attendant, who refused to assist him, later passed him, leaned his body backwards and asked “do you want something to drink?” rather than approach him directly. After asking him for a last time, with an attitude, if he wanted something to drink, Ghansham said, “no, thank you waiter.” “I called him a waiter and you can tell it irritated him…but he wasn’t loud because even rows three and four didn’t know what was happening. Nobody on the plane knew what was happening,” he said. He said at the time of that encounter, he was still seated and there was no face-to-face encounter.

“There was not a disruption. I never got up. There was not an argument, there was not a confrontation, nobody touched each other. He was wearing a mask. He wasn’t even loud. It was just his pride,” he said.

Ghansham further related that the cabin attendant told him that, “I have the power to turn the plane” to which he responded “you must be God so you do it” .

PP

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:03 pm

Family accuses Delta of negligence after drunk passenger allegedly groped mom and her teen daughter on a 9-hour flight
The man put his hand on the mother’s thigh and moved “toward her vagina,” the suit said. The woman spoke to both the head flight attendant onboard the flight and the pilot, who both allegedly said there was nothing they could do.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fa ... -rcna97162

A federal lawsuit was filed against Delta Air Lines last week accusing flight attendants of failing to intervene after a male passenger was allegedly served at least 10 alcoholic drinks and then groped a mother and her 16-year-old daughter, according to the filing.

The plaintiff in the suit, filed in the Eastern District of New York on Tuesday, is only identified as the parent of the teenager. According to the filing, the girl and her mother were traveling to Athens, Greece, from New York City on a nearly nine-hour flight last year when the incident allegedly occurred.

A woman who was assigned the seat next to the teen, who was in the middle, switched with an unidentified man in order to sit next to her husband, the suit said. The family is referred to by initials throughout the lawsuit, with "N.A." referencing the girl while her mother is identified by "A.A."

Before the plane even departed, the man allegedly asked the flight attendant for a "vodka on the rocks."

"Over the first three hours of the flight, the Delta flight attendants served the intoxicated Delta passenger approximately ten vodka on ice drinks," the suit said.

The male passenger appeared visibly intoxicated, slurring his speech and continually attempting to get the teenager's attention the more he intoxicated he became, the lawsuit said. When the girl asked him to stop talking to her, the man became "aggressive" and yelled at her.

He allegedly demanded to know where she lived, identifying himself as a Connecticut resident, and wanted to know her address.

"N.A. was frightened by his personal questions, tone and body language and turned her back to him to tell her mother that she was scared," the suit said. "When N.A. turned away from him, the intoxicated Delta passenger began grabbing N.A., putting his hands on her back."

The girl's mother also intervened, begging the man to leave her daughter alone.

They both told the man that the girl was a minor still in high school but he reached over and "began pulling and pushing" at the mother's arm, according to the suit. The mother spoke to a flight attendant, telling them that the passenger was "very drunk and was making both her and her 16-year-old daughter feel unsafe by yelling, making obscene gestures and touching her daughter inappropriately."

According to the suit, the flight attendant simply told her to "be patient" before walking away.

When the man went to the bathroom, the girl's mother once again spoke with the flight attendant and pleaded with staff to stop serving him alcohol. But upon his return the man had a glass of red wine with him, the suit said.

Later on, the girl laid her head in her mother's lap in an effort to ignore the man when he allegedly put his fingers underneath her shirt and up her back.

"N.A. was frozen as she felt the intoxicated Delta passenger’s hand fingering her bra strap and moving over her body," the suit said. "N.A. was trembling, petrified and crying and finally got the courage to jump out of the seat and out of his reach."

The man then put his hand on the mother's thigh and moved "toward her vagina," the suit said. The girl and her mother then spoke to both the head flight attendant onboard the flight and the pilot, who both allegedly said there was nothing they could do.

Another passenger saw both the mother and daughter crying and offered to switch seats to sit next to the drunk passenger after learning about the situation, according to the lawsuit.

Despite the flight attendant telling the family she had asked for volunteers to switch with them, the passenger told the girl and her mother he had not been asked or heard an announcement for volunteers.

The man was allowed to leave when the plane landed in Greece and no police were called despite the mother's request that authorities meet them in Athens, the lawsuit said.

Delta declined to comment on the litigation but a spokesperson told NBC News in a statement Sunday that the air line has "zero tolerance for customers who engage in inappropriate or unlawful behavior. "

"Nothing is more important than the safety of our customers and our people," the spokesperson said.

The lawsuit, which seeks $2 million in damages, accuses Delta of violating New York's human rights law by failing to protect them from sexual misconduct. It also alleges negligence by Delta staff in continuing to serve the passenger despite Federal Aviation Administration policy on serving intoxicated passengers.

PP

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:22 am

Posted here as he "squatted" in the seat for three extra hours.

SQUEEZY JET Tubby BA passenger gets stuck in first class seat for three hours before being lifted out by hoist

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/23252377/ ... ted-hoist/

A TUBBY air passenger got wedged in his first class seat for three hours after landing.

The man realised that he could not budge following a 6½-hour flight.

The BA passenger got wedged in his first class seat for three hours after landing

British Airways’ crew members could not shift him either.

Emergency services had to be called and a door taken out of the cabin so that the traveller could be freed — using a hoist.

A BA insider said: “The passenger was mortified. It’s astonishing because the seats are the most spacious available.

“It was as embarrassing as it can get for him — especially when a door in the cabin had to be removed.

"It sounded funny but, actually, people felt sorry for him.

"It was abject humiliation in front of hundreds of disbelieving passengers.

“Crew members did all they could to calm the man.”

The flyer was on a plane from Nigeria to Heathrow in seat 1A — traditionally the most desirable spot on the plane.

He had enjoyed gourmet food and wine as he lounged in his £7,000 suite at 30,000ft.

The drama began after the plane landed just before 5am on Saturday.

An engineering note seen by The Sun said: “A volumetric passenger is stuck in seat 1A.

"The plan is to remove the suite door and use a hoist to eject [him] from the seat.”

PP

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:27 pm

Bloody passenger subdued on Delta flight after threatening attendant, witness says

https://www.azfamily.com/2023/08/03/blo ... ness-says/

NEW ORLEANS (WVUE/Gray News) - A passenger is reportedly in police custody after threatening a Delta flight attendant.

WVUE reports that the incident occurred on Delta flight 2432 from Atlanta to New Orleans Wednesday night where the crew and passengers had to subdue a disruptive passenger upon the plane’s landing.

A fellow passenger on the flight, who wished to remain anonymous, told WVUE that authorities were called to offer medical assistance to the unruly man who was bleeding profusely from his neck.

According to the witness, the man put a flight attendant into a chokehold and brandished what appeared to be a piece of broken glass against the attendant’s neck while threatening to cut off her head if anyone came too close.

Eight people subdued the man until law enforcement boarded the plane, the witness said.

The Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office said deputies apprehended the man upon landing.

Deputies said the unidentified man was receiving medical treatment for his injuries.

The flight attendant involved suffered minor injuries. Deputies reported the worker suffered two cuts that were treated at the scene.

“Delta flight 2432 operating from Atlanta to New Orleans was met by law enforcement personnel upon landing following a reported customer issue onboard,” a Delta spokesperson said, adding, “Delta has zero tolerance for unruly behavior on our aircraft and in our airports. Nothing is more important than the safety and security of our people and our customers.”

The sheriff’s office said this was their third airport arrest this week.

PP

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by Boac » Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:02 pm

All very unsettling and unpleasant. Amusingly I see no link between the FA being threatened with 'broken glass' and the assailant being 'overcome and receiving 'injuries' to his neck.

To my knowledge this is the second time 'broken glass' has been used to attack on board and may require an urgent review of the carriage of goods on board.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: This is Your Captain Speaking

#18 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:02 pm

An annoyed American Airlines pilot is going viral for lecturing passengers on how to behave on his flight: 'Nobody wants to hear your video'

https://www.insider.com/american-airlin ... ers-2023-8

An American Airlines pilot has gone viral for his preflight speech teaching manners to passengers.
In a clip posted last week, he told passengers to "stow your stuff" and not use phones on speaker.
He said he repeated the same points "every single flight" because of "selfish and rude" people.

A video of an American Airlines pilot dressing down his passengers has gone viral after his speech was posted on Instagram last week.

"Be nice to each other, be respectful to each other. I shouldn't have to say that," the pilot could be heard saying in the flight intercom in a clip posted by the comedian Anna Leah Maltezos. The Instagram Reel has been viewed more than 4.4 million times in six days.

As passengers continued boarding the plane, the pilot reminded them to treat flight attendants civilly.

"You will listen to what they have to say because they represent my will in the cockpit or in the cabin," he said. "And my will is what matters."

He said he repeated the same points to "selfish and rude" passengers on "every single flight."

"Stow your stuff. Get it out of everybody else's way. Put your junk where it belongs," the pilot said.

Then he took aim at passengers who used their phones at full volume without earphones.

"The social experiment on listening to videos on speaker mode and talking on a cellphone on speaker mode? That is over," he said. "Over and done in this country. Nobody wants to hear your video."

"I know you think it's super sweet, it probably is, but it's your business, right? So keep it to yourself," he added.

As a parting message, he also said that everyone in the middle seat should have access to both armrests. "That is my gift to you," he said.

His speech received a largely positive response in the video's comments.

"If you're offended by this speech, congrats, you're the problem," one Instagram user commented.

Airlines have been plagued by a surge in unruly passenger incidents since air travel recovered from the COVID-19 pandemic. At least 983 incidents have been reported in the US so far this year, per the Federal Aviation Administration.

FAA research also shows that this year's air-rage incidents are at least 49% higher than pre-COVID levels. Unruly-passenger incidents in the UK in 2022 nearly tripled from 2019 to 1,028 reports, per Sky News.

This year, passengers have opened plane doors, activated emergency slides at the airport, punched crew members, threatened to detonate a bomb, and diverted flights because of a dispute over their meals.

American Airlines and Maltezos did not immediately respond to requests for comment sent outside regular business hours.

PP

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by llondel » Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:02 pm

I can't fault what he said. The Instagram user comment was spot on, too.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by PHXPhlyer » Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:53 am

United Airlines bans passenger following viral video showing dispute over wine
The Los Angeles-bound flight was diverted to Phoenix

I like this headline better.
"Wine Karen" banned by United Airlines after fighting flight attendant

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/u ... -over-wine

United Airlines banned a female passenger following the emergence of a viral video in which she apparently argued with a flight attendant about wine.

In a statement to FOX Business, the airline said United Flight 1813, which left Houston on July 25 and was destined for Los Angeles, had to be diverted to Phoenix "due to a disruptive passenger who continually refused to follow the flight attendant’s instructions to return to her seat."

"Law enforcement officials met the aircraft on arrival and removed the passenger, and the flight subsequently departed for Los Angeles later that evening," a United Airlines spokesperson said. "The customer has been banned from future United flights while we review this matter."

A video purportedly showing the incident unfold was posted on TikTok and has since gone viral.

A United flight to Los Angeles on July 25 was diverted to Arizona due to a "disruptive passenger," the airline says. (Gary Hershorn/Getty Images / Getty Images)

The footage begins with a male voice telling a woman who was standing in the aisle, "Miss, if you don't sit down we are going to land the plane and you are going to go in handcuffs."

"Sit down! Now. Sit down!" the man then says, angrily raising his voice.

The woman responds during crosstalk by saying, "She is accusing me" and, "Let's go, let's land."

"Sit down, we don't care! Do you understand me? Sit down!" the man continues to yell.

A flight attendant then joins the argument, sounding frustrated that the woman is still in the plane’s aisle.

"Why are you causing such a scene?" the employee says. "We are going to land somewhere else and we are going to have the cops take you to jail."

United Airlines says the passenger did not listen to the flight attendant's instructions and has been banned from future flights. (Daniel Slim/AFP via Getty Images / Getty Images)

The flight attendant then says, "You came on the plane with wine. I was nice enough to let you on the aircraft... this is how you are going to treat me?"

The woman eventually sits down in a window seat, but is heard telling someone, "Don’t call me a b----!"

"I helped you get on the aircraft, and this is how you are going to treat me?" the attendant then tells her. "You were crying and I gave you a hug, because you told me you were having anxiety. And I helped you, and I knew you were drinking wine, and you are not allowed to. And I still let you on the aircraft. There is children, families onboard."

Footage purportedly of the incident, which was posted on TikTok, shows the flight attendant speaking about wine. (Smith Collection/Gado/Getty Images / Getty Images)

The video ends with the flight attendant saying "enough!" and walking away from the passenger.

PP