Quo Vadis Aeroflot?

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot
Quo Vadis Aeroflot?

#1 Post by OneHungLow » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:19 am

An interesting link forwarded to me by an old friend on this site.

The observer of fools in military south and north...

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Quo Vadis Aeroflot?

#2 Post by tango15 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:14 am

One thing is for sure. The companies who leased their aircraft to chicken airways, (as it is known locally, because their in-flight meals consist only of chicken :) ) are going to take a bath. One day, when the war is over and they come to collect what is left of the fleet they leased, they will find components fitted which were not supplied by the OEM, assuming that the aircraft is still flyable. In the foreseeable future, I predict there will be a surplus of spare parts from those aircraft that can be flown out. I might take some popcorn down to Cotswold Airport...

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Quo Vadis Aeroflot?

#3 Post by tango15 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:15 am

One thing is for sure. The companies who leased their aircraft to chicken airways, (as it is known locally, because their in-flight meals consist only of chicken :) ) are going to take a bath. One day, when the war is over and they come to collect what is left of the fleet they leased, they will find components fitted which were not supplied by the OEM, assuming that the aircraft is still flyable. In the foreseeable future, I predict there will be a surplus of spare parts from those aircraft that can be flown out. I might take some popcorn down to Cotswold Airport...