Would You Like the Chicken or the Chicken?

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Would You Like the Chicken or the Chicken?

#1 Post by PHXPhlyer » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:35 pm

British Airways serves KFC on international flight after apparent catering issue

https://www.cnn.com/travel/british-airw ... index.html

It’s rare for travelers to hanker for airline food – until it’s in short supply on a 12-hour journey.

Crew staffing a British Airways itinerary over the weekend from the Turks and Caicos Islands to London Heathrow were faced with a food shortage when the airline wasn’t able to offer its regular meal service because of “unforeseen circumstances.”

“Our teams sprung into action and made sure our customers had something to eat,” British Airways said in a statement. While the airline didn’t elaborate on what it provided to passengers, posts on social media indicate that airline employees made a Kentucky Fried Chicken run during a scheduled stopover in the Bahamas.

BA flight 252 took off on July 23 from Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos, stopped in Nassau in the Bahamas and flew on to London.

The airline made reference to its unconventional in-flight menu in its pun-ladened statement.

“We apologise to customers that their full meal service was not available and we had to wing it on this occasion. We’re sorry if we ruffled any feathers,” the statement said.

The airline did not respond to questions about what circumstances led to the lack of in-flight meal service. One social media post referenced an issue with refrigeration.

@aktivandrew, a user on Twitter that was recently rebranded to X, posted that “@British_Airways just landed @HeathrowAirport after a 12.5 hour flight BA252 from Turks and Caicos with no catering! BA had to serve @kfc at Nassau giving some lucky passengers 1 piece of chicken. The container with the plane catering wasn’t chilled so all thrown away!!”

Another user, @Hanchell, posted a story about the incident from travel site One Mile At a Time, commenting, “It was the best KFC I’ve ever had.”

CNN reached out to both social media users but did not immediately receive replies.

British Airways gave passengers refreshment vouchers when they arrived in London, the airline said.

PP

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot
Re: Would You Like the Chicken or the Chicken?

#2 Post by OneHungLow » Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:35 am

I must say that I wouldn't scoff at KFC on a flight. I'd be more likely to scoff the chicken down! ;)))

My better half is a vegan and my gosh, the problems, she, and there by implication, I have, when flying with her!

She always sneers at "beef or cow", let alone chicken!

She is one of "the difficult", and isn't even a Jew or a hippy! =))

I am glad you plucked that BA story out of the air PHX!
The observer of fools in military south and north...

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by tango15 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:55 am

Aeroflot is known by Russians as 'курица (chicken) airline' because they never serve anything else. I never ate their on-board food, which usually brought a sneer from the part-time shot-putter of a stewardess, but there were many stories of those who had become incontinent as a result of sampling the tasteless white offering.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by tango15 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:57 am

I am glad you plucked that BA story out of the air PHX!

Don't hencourage him - he was being egged on...

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:39 pm

Being a Veg I can relate to the vegetarian passenger in the video.
"I'm a vegetarian" I say. "Okay then, how about som fish?" [-X ~X(
I never liked chicken or fish and quit eating meat forty years ago.
I should not be commenting on eating chicken because "What the flock do I know". :ymdevil:

PP

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by Wodrick » Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:20 pm

Getting Gluten Free out of them would be good too.

SM is Gluten Intolerant and we rarely go out to eat, it's just too difficult.