Ryanair

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Ryanair

#1 Post by OFSO » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:11 am

Ryanair has been fined 5.6 million euros by the Spanish Supreme Court and National Court for failing to compensate passengers during cabin crew strikes. The Aviation Safety Agency (AESA) imposed the fines. The airline violated passenger rights by cancelling 320 flights at Spanish airports over two days in July 2018 due to the strikes

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Ryanair

#2 Post by Woody » Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:31 am

Doesn’t sound like their fault this time.

https://news.sky.com/story/ryanair-crit ... d-12966170
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Boac » Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:40 am

Even with the usual rapid RY turn-round, surely it is not difficult to notice the (pre-notified?) WCHR has not come aboard?

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by tango15 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:02 am

Boac wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:40 am
Even with the usual rapid RY turn-round, surely it is not difficult to notice the (pre-notified?) WCHR has not come aboard?
Quite! To say nothing of the incorrect head count. I fear that one day all this hustle and bustle during turnarounds will result in something more serious than aircraft coming together or passengers being left behind.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Boac » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:45 am

To say nothing of the incorrect head count.
Ah! Yes! I remember those. BA stopped them while I was with them and it was supposed to be done by the gate staff. I battled with management on this and occasionally asked my crew to do one if I or they had doubts about bums on seats, thus sometimes delaying departure by a few minutes which was a cardinal sin. I suspect RY don't do them either, although with their pax loads it would be very easy to just count any empty seats.

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by OneHungLow » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:43 pm

I am not surprised that this happened at Bordeaux airport. It ranks with the worst of the 3rd world airports I have had the misfortune to have passed though. I happened upon a wheelchair bound passenger abandoned in dim alcove at an empty gate when I was there last month. I was concerned and asked the lady where she was going, and pushed her to the correct gate for her departure. The place is an organizational and operational mess, staffed by people with bad attitudes, and was strike bound while I was there.
The observer of fools in military south and north...

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by tango15 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:06 pm

Boac wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:45 am
To say nothing of the incorrect head count.
Ah! Yes! I remember those. BA stopped them while I was with them and it was supposed to be done by the gate staff. I battled with management on this and occasionally asked my crew to do one if I or they had doubts about bums on seats, thus sometimes delaying departure by a few minutes which was a cardinal sin. I suspect RY don't do them either, although with their pax loads it would be very easy to just count any empty seats.
Yes, a very valid point Boac. It was the same with Ezy, even though the cabin staff had clickers, they could never get it right and they would stare at me blankly when I suggested they just counted the empty seats :) It's been a long time since I dealt with FR at that level, but I seem to remember that they eschewed head counts some years ago. My biggest problem in the early days of FR was trying to complete the loadsheet correctly whilst sitting on the front row of seats, with a charming colleen in a short skirt chatting to me in the next seat. So many LMCs!