Sh!tty Flight

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Sh!tty Flight

#1 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:13 pm

‘Diarrhea all the way through the airplane’ forces Delta flight to return to Atlanta

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/a ... 767359007/

A Delta Air Lines flight from Atlanta to Barcelona was forced to turn around Friday after a significant “medical issue” on the plane.

“It’s just a biohazard issue,” a member of the flight crew is heard in an air traffic control recording captured by LiveATC.net and shared by Thenewarea51 on X, formerly Twitter. “We’ve had a passenger who had diarrhea all the way through the airplane, so they want us to come back to Atlanta.”

Replying to the post, a traveler identified as John Hurdt wrote: “Both my wife and I were on the flight. It was a mess. The pilots made the right decision to turn around. The ground crew ripped out the carpet and put new in. Considering the circumstances, the ground crew did a great job, along (with) the attendants and the pilots.”

“My partner was on that flight! It was pretty bad,” another person, identified as Dee W, posted on X, adding that it “smelled horrible.”

Without elaborating on the nature of the incident, Delta told USA TODAY: “Delta flight 194 on Sept. 1 from Atlanta to Barcelona returned to Atlanta following an onboard medical issue. Our teams worked as quickly and safely as possible to get our customers to their final destination. We sincerely apologize to our customers for the delay and inconvenience to their travel plans.”

Delta said the 336 customers on board the Airbus A350 made it to their destination “without further incident” the following day. The flight arrived eight hours and six minutes behind schedule.

PP

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Sh!tty Flight

#2 Post by Boac » Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:11 pm

Had one in DanAir on a 737 some years back, when a pax decided he/she DESPERATELY needed the loo and walked the length of the aisle unable to 'contain'. No1, bless her (cannot recall the name) set to and cleared it up. A glamorous life indeed.