Unmanned flight

reddo
Capt
Capt
Unmanned flight

#1 Post by reddo » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:24 pm

Just recently I had the pleasure of flying with another female captain. We had a fantastic time in rather challenging conditions. Very busy season and not the easiest of airports to operate to. Any way. Our pax loved it and even insisted on pics with us. That's rare!

Parking up at Sion (LSGS) we spy another all female crew walking out to their a/c.
It's rare that there's 1 female pilot, let alone 2, but to have 2 aircraft being operated by all female crew? Almost unheard of.

:YMAPPLAUSE: ^:)^ o:-)

Slasher

Re: Unmanned flight

#2 Post by Slasher » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:57 pm

reddo wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:24 pm
Just recently I had the pleasure of flying with another female captain. We had a fantastic time in rather challenging conditions. Very busy season and not the easiest of airports to operate to. Any way. Our pax loved it and even insisted on pics with us. That's rare!
Hey Reddo - play this on your cabin music tape full blast when you next fly with another chick up front. :)

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by G-CPTN » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:42 pm

When you have two captains flying together, who gets to sit in the left-hand seat? or do crewing decide?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Boac » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:31 pm

The right-hand seat pilot needs to be 'Right-hand seat qualified/checked' - not all Captains are. This generally meant for me I was on the right. That will influence decisions. If both are, there are things like RHS currency requirements, seniority, leg and leg swaps and so on. No real answer. Normally crewing will 'direct' one as 'Captain' (ie LHS unless training.)

reddo
Capt
Capt

#5 Post by reddo » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:05 pm

All captains are right seat qualified at NJE. Seniority determines who sits in what seat. What we usually do is swap half way during the tour. It really does depend on the crew. There's some captains who are a bit precious and won't swap. What can influence who sits where is who is special airport qualified or recency issues. Eg I am San Sebastien "familiar" but many are not. I am not Bolzano "familiar". The airports that require sim training we're all qualified on (I loath Egelsbach). The ones that require a familiarisation flight can be hit and miss. As explained above.

reddo
Capt
Capt

#6 Post by reddo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:03 pm

It wasn't an unmanned flight but it was a grumpy old ex RAF bloke flight. Imagine my sense of self satisfaction of nailing both cross wind landings and saving him from taking the wrong taxi way off the runway when it was his leg. (easy mistake to make in our job). :D

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by G-CPTN » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:15 pm

Well done that girl!

Kudos where it's due - and take the credit . . .