LAA and Tracey

cockney steve
CPL
CPL

LAA and Tracey

#1 Post by cockney steve » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:59 pm

I see no word here, but, as many may know, a few years ago, a well-connected Tracey Curtis-Taylor suddenly came to the attention of the world's press, proclaiming her intent to fly solo to Australia and from South Africa to England and also to fly the original American trans-continental mail-routes. All in a beautifully-restored Boeing Stearman biplane.

It garnered her several awards....one, a certificate from Australian women, celebrating her solo achievement. (She was a fraud!)

Another from the LAA , the Bill Woodhams Trophy, for an outstanding feat of navigation and endurance....
(if a couple of I-pads and a 10'000 hour Commercial Pilot in the front cockpit still qualifies )

Due to a campaign by certain outraged and duped respondents, proxy-votes at the 2016 LAA AGM
Carried a motion to rescind the honour.
Now, due to unknown reasons, not least of which could possibly be 4 "eye-wateringly expensive" ( TC-T her own words) solicitor's letters to the Board of the LAA 2 proposals have been tabled in the LAA AGM to reinstate the award.

The *****-storm is unprecedented. I cannot support the organisation, but have given my cash for BMAA membership instead. This self-centred Narcissist is, IMO bringing the former organisation into disrepute

The LAA forum is accessible to the public to read in all it's gory detail , as are the threads on TC-T and the LAA on TOP. Even Tracey's Ex-husband has surfaced to give the lie to some of her self-promotional delusiory claims. She comes across as a very confident, personable speaker, but.......

I commend the threads to anybody who is curious about the declining moral standards and sense of propriety in the western world.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: LAA and Tracey

#2 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:19 pm

I'm a member of neither the LAA, nor of the Dishonourable Company of Tossers and Dressers who so disgraced themselves by lauding her lies and deceit.

I did applaud the LAA when they withdrew their award of the 12 month long honour from Tracey Liar as soon as it became very obvious to all that she had lied, repeatedly, about the "solo" (her word, not mine) aspect of her participation in long distance gaggle flying.

Since the award for that year was subsequently re-assigned to a worthy recipient, how can she demand that it be re-re-assigned her unworthy self?

Anyway, isn't that year up already?

Isn't it time for the LAA to award the annual prize to someone else this year?

Move on. She's a busted flush.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#3 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:45 am

Ms Curtis-Taylor admits that in a 'slip of the tongue' during one interview, she inadvertently used the term 'solo' to describe the trip.

Looking today to reinstate.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... t-row.html

And, was it a 'slip' to wear Royal Air Force wings.

Stupid tart.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by CharlieOneSix » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:30 am

Ms Curtis-Taylor admits that in a 'slip of the tongue' during one interview, she inadvertently used the term 'solo' to describe the trip.
Since when did 'alone in an open cockpit plane' not mean solo....or was this an inadvertent slide....
solo1.JPG
solo1.JPG (31.1 KiB) Viewed 1080 times
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Undried Plum » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:42 am

In the quoted article she says:
Many of the members are ex-military men and about 80 to 90 per cent are over 60. They act like some kind of old boys' club.

That is very strange, in several ways. First of all, she doesn't say the same thing about the "Honourable(sic) Company of Air Pilots. That organisation's demographic is just as she decribes the LAA.

What, exactly, is her objection to ex-military men anyway? She boasts that she was trained by ex-military pilots and she wears pseudo-military attire and she claims to be a Commander in the RN, so what is her problem with military men?

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#6 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:41 pm

Absolutely C16.

UP:
....so what is her problem with military men?
Maybe she wants one to bonk her but none will.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by Boac » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:07 pm

https://ops-normal.org/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=791

Well done the LAA. Fingers crossed that the motion fails.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by Cacophonix » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:38 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:42 am
In the quoted article she says:
Many of the members are ex-military men and about 80 to 90 per cent are over 60. They act like some kind of old boys' club.

That is very strange, in several ways. First of all, she doesn't say the same thing about the "Honourable(sic) Company of Air Pilots. That organisation's demographic is just as she decribes the LAA.

What, exactly, is her objection to ex-military men anyway? She boasts that she was trained by ex-military pilots and she wears pseudo-military attire and she claims to be a Commander in the RN, so what is her problem with military men?
Her comments could pertain to ops-normal, full of grumpy old codgers as it is! =)) I jest, I jest! :YMPARTY:

I, being in my fifties, feel positively youthful here, whereas in truth I am sitting on the 3rd step leading to the porch of the Great Manipulator's House of Perpetual Repose ;)))

Maybe our Trace feels her youthful zest amongst older men, whereas, in fact, she is no spring chicken herself or perhaps it it the thought of the uniforms and discipline that gets her going! She is often sporting quasi military outfits so maybe the latter is true.

In fairness to the ex-military people here, both men and women, they are generally good folks whose life experiences make them fascinating and genuinely respectable, so, similarly, Trace should value the LAA and grant the organisation the courtesy of not talking a load of drivel about her achievements nor denigrate the Association.

Caco

CremeEgg
Snr FO
Snr FO

#9 Post by CremeEgg » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:35 pm

I understand that both motions failed so the self publicist who has convenient slips of the tongue and a website developer who accepted that a few typos were his fault will no doubt try again.

The whole saga has at least made good reading and I'm sure she'll persuade someone to run a story or two about just how hard done by she is.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by Undried Plum » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:25 pm

Christ! That bloody woman is a real piece of work.

I've just had a look on the LAA website at her submission to the AGM.

No sooner had the Woodhams Award been made in 2014 than I became the object of sustained abuse
through the PPruNe social media forum, initiated by a sub-contractor on my 2014 African flight who had
left the team early with a personal grievance. The story was spread that I had contrived to deceive the LAA Awards Committee, the aviation community and the broadcasting media by making fraudulent claims that I had flown my Stearman across Africa, following Lady Mary Heath's historic route, entirely on my own. Such a claim would have been nonsense had I made it.

The emphasis is mine, not hers.

She made the "fraudulent claims" (her words!) both before and after the trip.

Here's the evidence that she told the lie, (or "fraud" in her own words) before the trip

The name of her aircraft is very clearly shown on the slide. Her planned departure date is also very clearly shown and is months away from Mary Heath's departure date. It very clearly shows the words "Alone in an open cockpit". No doubt about it. No wiggle room at all. The sillouette on the logo at the top-left is very clearly of a Boeing Stearman, not of Mary Heath's Avro Avian. Curtis-Taylor' destination is also very clearly shown, not Heath's destination which was Croydon. The duration, of 6 weeks, is very clearly TC-T's trip duration, not Mary Heath's duration which was more than 12 weeks.

Like most pathological liars, she even lies about her own lies. She's now trying to claim that the slide refers to Lady Heath, not herself.

She lied about flying solo during the trip, specifically in Nairobi and she repeatedly lied after the trip, specifically in Herne Bay. It's a pattern of behaviour which spans years, not months.

By the way, it's also clear that TC-T doesn't give a flying fukk about Mary Heath or she'd know that Mary Heath's "Lady" title resulted from her having married a baronet. The wife of a baronet would never style herself "Lady Mary Heath" as the title derives from his name, not hers. It would be like a Lieutenant Commander describing themselves as a Commander.

Mary Heath was not a liar and a ****. Tracey Curtis-Taylor is.

Her reference to her lies as what she calls "fraud" is odd. For it to be fraud she would have had to obtain some material or pecuniary benefit from her lies.

Would Boeing have sponsored her trip(s) if they'd known that most of sectors were flown by a crew of two? Sure, the senior pilot is a Boeing 757 skipper, but that was not the impression Boeing's PR people were trying to convey when they issued pressers declaring that she was flying solo.

Would Artemis Investments have invested significant sums in sponsorship money if they'd known that the aircraft would become known in pilot circles as Spirit of Artifice as a result of her lies about flying the thing solo?

CremeEgg
Snr FO
Snr FO

#11 Post by CremeEgg » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:36 pm

The above slide shows TCT finish as Goodwood whereas I understand Lady Heath finished at Croydon Airport. But I forgot all these slides with their typos were put together by someone else so TCT cannot be to blame.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by Cacophonix » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:48 am

Undried Plum wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:25 pm
Would Artemis Investments have invested significant sums in sponsorship money if they'd known that the aircraft would become known in pilot circles as Spirit of Artifice as a result of her lies about flying the thing solo?

as Spirit of Artifice

=))

:YMAPPLAUSE:

Caco

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by CharlieOneSix » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:25 am

Tracey Curtis-Taylor, 56, told The Times that she was resigning from the Light Aircraft Association and would re-register her vintage aircraft overseas in protest.
Good riddance!
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:22 pm

her vintage aircraft

The public will presume that she means the Stearman. It's not hers and wasn't registered in the UK anyway.

Her Ryan PT-22 is not currently airworthy and she would need a lot of co-operation from the LAA to get it so.

No loss then.

As for her resignation from the LAA, mind the door doesn't bump your arse on the way out, Tracey.

Beef Raiser
ATPL
ATPL

#15 Post by Beef Raiser » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:25 am

I have been following this whole sorry saga for some time. Ewald Gritsch is on record as stating that TCT is the owner of the aircraft. It is registered through his company and there is not a shred of evidence to contradict this part of the story. What he has not accounted for is his logging of what appear to be the same hours flown as shown in the accident report (sorry, incident, t'was but a scratch !).

Her capacity for stretching mundane facts into spectacular sound bites is astounding. We can all do the same, so here are my pathetic efforts...….

I was trained by a military pilot (the husband of my main instructor was a former RAF display pilot. He taught me aeros and was a BA skipper at the time).
I was taught to fly by a major airline. (their club was open to everyone, their Piper Warriors had a natty paint job and the instructors had ID90 privileges)
I have twice displayed at Fairford (parked my mate's car behind the PAF C-130 in the concourse area)
I flew cold war spy planes (chipmunks were used to take sneaky pics around Berlin)
I have been privileged to perform low level exercises in secure military areas (The Royal Artillery let me fly a balloon across Salisbury Plain at tree top height)
I have flown displays for the military (The RA asked my mates and me to fly a tethered balloon at a summer ball and fly pissed party goers at 20 feet)
I am a self-taught international aerobatic pilot (I learned wingovers and spiral dives from a book while paragliding in Switzerland)
I have attempted to set new open cock-pit (sic) records in aviation (A mate and I tried to fly from the London CTR boundary to Ireland by balloon but got low on fuel and landed on the Welsh coast as a precaution. I was solo on my side of the basket, he was solo on his side).
I have instructed Concorde pilots on flying. (I once taught a chap how to handle a paraglider and he managed to have a nice flight down the hill. I asked him what he did for a living and he was on the fleet).
My grandfather was a member of the SAS during WW2. (The Scottish Ambulance Service were not to be messed with !)

I'm sure you can all do better so over to you.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by Boac » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:44 am

Beef - I think this calls for a book or a film! A magnificent record. I will copy to to HCAP.

Beef Raiser
ATPL
ATPL

#17 Post by Beef Raiser » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:31 am

If the film could emphasise how my lack of career progression in aviation has been due to prejudice instead of my total lack of talent and willingness to part fools from their money then that would be most helpful. A suitable title could be "Someone Else's Wings On My Sleeve" as I have never been a test pilot unless you count balsa models powered by rubber bands.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#18 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:49 am

I flew from Africa solo, alone in an open cockpit. (My 12,000 hour QFI was also alone, in the other cockpit. We both logged the hours as solo, obviously).

All pilots are sexist pigs (except for the female ones, obviously).

I flew a Stearman around the world (except for those little watery bits like the Pacific and the Atlantic, obviously).

I'm qualified to lecture students on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (except I failed my Maths O level and wouldn't know a spanner from a crochet hook and I think a stud puller is me, obviously).

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:56 am

There is a rough and ready (wonderful) guy who lives on a farm near our village - and drives into town in a variety of outlandish vehicles, including a stripped Land Rover.
Having known him for a few years, he confessed to having served time in the services (quite genuine) where he spent most of his time in the SAS (a believable scenario when you consider his stature and his demeanour).

SAS = Sports and Social.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:19 pm

It would be like a Lieutenant Commander describing themselves as a Commander.
Actually I believe they do.

All Generals rather than Major-General, Lieutenant General etc. Ditto Colonel. Was James Bond a Commander or Lt Cdr?

And some wives have certainly been Mrs Squabbling Bleeder . . .