UK ‘Will Leave’ EASA, Says British Transportation Secretary

#1 Post by ian16th » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:53 pm

Cynicism improves with age

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: UK ‘Will Leave’ EASA, Says British Transportation Secretary

#2 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:58 pm

Thereby destroying the livelihood of multiple big EASA training organisations here in the UK.

Where do these microbial English cocks and brains come from..?

**** me and **** them...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by om15 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:43 am

Pre EASA airworthiness standards in the UK were established by the ANO and BCARs, there is no reason why this can't happen again, and no reason why these regulations can't combine practicality with high standards. As regards training schools, these will merely prepare students for UK rather than EASA examinations so why should their be any loss.
Despite retirement I am still a nominated person in a Part 147 EASA Approved organisation (Helicopter type courses) and we are completely relaxed about what is happening and look forward to the opportunities that this will bring.

Incidentally, your rather unpleasant anti English jibes remind me of another who used to post here, presumably he has gone back to where he came from, after all, no one was making him live in England.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by barkingmad » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:20 pm

The very last thing to change back to UK rules, namely Cap371 Flight Time Limitations, will never occur as it’s too corporate friendly to reinstate.

Aviation industry already whingeing about the effect this will have on manufacturing and standards etc but I don’t recall the outcry when the EUSSR forced them to conform to a new set of purely administrative bumph when that was forced on them by our “accession” to the superstate?

The arrogance of the relatively new EASA in rejecting the oversight by CAA, AAIB, ANOs, the ARB and the old BCARs, which were in effective force long before these Eurocrats were stains on their parents’ underwear, causes my BP to rise to dangerous levels, so I’m off to the darkened kennel before I break something outa sheer anger.

This dangerous health effect not helped by Diane Abbott popping up again on MSM audio in the UK-get my launch module ready ASAP please, team!

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by barkingmad » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:07 pm

On second thoughts, is there anyone with any aviation knowledge and experience left flying a desk in the infamous “Belgrano” who can undertake this awesome responsibility?

The last I heard of the CAA they were like an insurance office in an English village somewhere in the wilds acting as agent for the real power elsewhere.

I wish I had a copy of the old BCARs to see how the 73Max MCAS system would have been covered but I appreciate this is now fantasy land........

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#6 Post by k3k3 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:09 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:20 pm

This dangerous health effect not helped by Diane Abbott popping up again on MSM audio in the UK-get my launch module ready ASAP please, team!
Idiot repeatedly confused pensions and sick pay even when corrected.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by Boac » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:53 pm

I have very much missed out on the implications of leaving the EU for airlines that have crews in bases in several countries. I saw somewhere that RY were not going to recruit UK crews any more since they would not have the right to work outside the UK.

How is it all going to work/not work? Will UK pilots be only able to operate G-reg machines? Will they need an EU licence to operate MoL's fleet as they would need an FAA ticket for an N-reg?

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by om15 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:21 pm

MoL has resolutely used every opportunity to invent possible problems regarding Brexit, most of the engineers that I know that certify EASA registered aircraft that are not G Reg have transferred their Part 66 to an EU country, Austria and Ireland being favourites, they will also hold a UK (Section L?) licence and be able to certify both types. My licences are now expired but up until last year I held both an EASA Part 66 and UK CAA ACX licence for non EASA types, presumably pilots will do the same.
Pilots can hold FAA and EASA licences in the same way that many EASA engineers hold an A&P, it really won't be a problem however much those opposing Brexit will attempt to make it so.
There will most likely be a Bi Lateral TIP in the same way that N reg aircraft can be certified by EASA type rated engineers in an EASA FAA repair station.

Prior to all this I routinely certified aircraft on European registered aircraft under UK CAA A8-4 Approvals, it was quite common for this, at the moment Part 145 and Part 66 do permit ICAO licence holders in non EU countries to certify under an EU approval.