Evacuation Slides

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot
Re: Evacuation Slides

#21 Post by Rwy in Sight » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:38 pm

May I draw attention to the fact the test was done 15 years ago and people were not habituated to take their backs with them down the slide - or at least not as much as now. Plus as a journalist pointed out the voice and general behaviour of a German FA may persuade you to follow the orders and let your personal belongings behind.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:26 pm

Rwy in Sight wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:38 pm
May I draw attention to the fact the test was done 15 years ago and people were not habituated to take their backs with them down the slide - or at least not as much as now. Plus as a journalist pointed out the voice and general behaviour of a German FA may persuade you to follow the orders and let your personal belongings behind.
Rwy in SIght, your points are well made sir.

All this stuff made me apt to think of this lady...

Barbara Harrison
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#23 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:12 pm

A good point about disabled GG because they go last. I wonder if you are allowed to leave a few cripples on behind for the test. Or fill it with cripples and just evacuate the crew. With Monarch we used to do charter flights to Lourdes where half the passengers were cripples or nutters. Don't think that you would get that lot out in 90 secs.

Mind you having said that most of our flights were full of the mentally retarded.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#24 Post by Rwy in Sight » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:54 pm

Remembering back the news around A380 evacuation trials there should be a representative mix of passengers in a normal service. Funny think is that Airbus went around sports centres to find participants in the trial.

Ex-A, take my word those charter flights were the safest flights protected by the Virgin Mary.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#25 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:50 pm

Rwy in Sight wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:54 pm

Ex-A, take my word those charter flights were the safest flights protected by the Virgin Mary.
So is that why they gave us the call sign 'Panagia One' ?
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#26 Post by Rwy in Sight » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:23 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:50 pm
Rwy in Sight wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:54 pm

So is that why they gave us the call sign 'Panagia One' ?
Hopefully yes - I don't like the other possible answer regarding having some kind of priority not really needed or desired