You Go Buzz

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

You Go Buzz

#1 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:51 am

Buzz Aldrin, moonwalker and former astronaut, ties the knot on his 93rd birthday

Buzz Aldrin, one of three astronauts to set foot on the moon in the 1969 Apollo 11 mission, tied the knot with his longtime love on his 93rd birthday, according to a tweet he posted on Friday.

Aldrin posted on his Twitter account that he and Anca Faur got married in a small ceremony in Los Angeles, California.
Anca Faur
Updated On November 15, 2022
Anca Faur
Quick Biography [hide]

1 Anca Faur- Biography
2 What is the Net Worth of Anca Faur? Salary, Earnings
3 Anca Faur- Birth, Age, Ethnicity, Siblings, Parents
4 Quick Facts
5 Anca Faur- Relationship, Married Life, Boyfriend
6 Anca Faur- Professional Career
7 Body Measurements: Height, Weight, Hair color
8 Social Media Details
9 Trivia
Anca Faur- Biography
Anca Faur is an American Project Manager who works at Johnson Matthey, a global science and chemical company. Her connection with Dr. Buzz Aldrin, an Apollo XI astronaut, and Moonwalker, is also well-known.

What is the Net Worth of Anca Faur? Salary, Earnings
Anca has made a lot of money in her project management profession. Because the company she works for is based in the United States, she can work from anywhere in the world. She has not disclosed her net worth to the media, according to reports. Her income is supplemented by commercial endorsements and appearances at various events.

Anca Faur- Birth, Age, Ethnicity, Siblings, Parents
Anca celebrates her birthday every year on May 14th, yet we haven’t been able to find out where she was born or when she was born. Looking at images of her, she appears to be in her 40s or 50s, and she has not revealed any information about her siblings to the public. Anca graduated from high school, but no information about her school has been released to the public. She attended the University of Pittsburgh for her post-secondary education. She earned her Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Catalysis, in 1996.

Quick Facts
Real Name Anca Faur
Birth Date May 14
Age (as of 2021) 50 Years (approx)
Residence Los Angeles, California
Nationality American
Profession Project Manager
Religion Christianity
Sun sign –
Height in feet inches – 5’ 7” – in Centimeters – 172 cm
Weight in Kilograms – 58 kg – in Pounds – 127.8 lbs
Body Measurements 34-28-36
Bra Size 34B
Waist Size 28 Inches
Hips Size 36 Inches
Shoe Size 8 (U.S.)
Hair Color Blonde
Eye Color Brown
Body Type Slim
Anca Faur- Relationship, Married Life, Boyfriend
Dr. Buzz Aldrin, an Apollo XI astronaut, and Moonwalker who founded the Human Space Flight Institute are currently dating Anca. The pair attends a variety of public events together but keeps their personal lives out of the spotlight. She is frequently chastised for dating an elderly man, yet the couple manages to overcome such obstacles.

Anca Faur- Professional Career
Anca Faur started working at Union Carbide as a project leader after graduation. She was employed for three years. Anca Faur began working with Johnson Matthey Fuels Cells in July 2020. She has been a Program Manager for more than 20 years. She also joined Donald Trump for the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon Landing in July 2019. Anca Faur also attends numerous activities put on by the Space or Astronaut departments.

Anca Faur uses social media to keep people up to date on what’s going on. She will continue to work as a Project Manager for her organization. She was laser-focused on achieving her company’s objectives. Anca Faur also attends a variety of events about space research and astronauts. She also keeps her admirers up to date by posting stuff on social media.

Body Measurements: Height, Weight, Hair color
Anca Faur stands 5 ft 7 inches tall and weighs 58 kg. Furthermore, She has Blonde hair and Brown eyes.

Social Media Details
Anca Faur does not have an official presence on social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and TikTok.

Trivia
She was a member of the California Hydrogen Business Council’s board of directors.
Johnson Matthey, her company, is based in London, United Kingdom.
She also attended the 70th International Astronautical Congress of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics.
She was in Houston, Texas in October 2019 for the Association of Space Explore XXXII Planetary Congress and The Astronaut Reunion.
Her lover had also served in the Korean War as a veteran.

"On my 93rd birthday & the day I will also be honored by Living Legends of Aviation I am pleased to announce that my longtime love Dr. Anca Faur & I have tied the knot," Aldrin wrote.

The former astronaut added he and his new wife were "as excited as eloping teenagers."

Aldrin is the only one of the three astronauts on the Apollo 11 mission still alive today.

The Apollo 11 mission was the first in human history to land men on earth's satellite, fulfilling a dream as old as humanity itself.

Neil Armstrong was the first astronaut to step on the lunar surface at 9:56 p.m. ET on July 20, 1969.

He was followed 19 minutes later by Aldrin.

"A distinguished airman, scientist, astronaut and patriot, Dr. Buzz Aldrin has left an indelible mark, not only on the history of his country, but also on that of the world," writes the West Point Association of Graduates.

The "scientific triumph" of the moon landing, the association notes, was "one of the most memorable events of the 20th century and … represented the epitome of the nation’s scientific capabilities and established its preeminence in the exploration of space."

"An estimated 600 million people — at that time, the world’s largest television audience in history — witnessed this unprecedented heroic endeavor," writes BuzzAldrin.com, the astronaut's official website.

PP

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: You Go Buzz

#2 Post by TheGreenAnger » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:19 am

Dr Buzz Aldrin, aka Dr Renedezvous. An unconventional man, who once disinherited his own children, he has faced life's problems and looked them squarely in the eye. Thrice previously married, his most admirable, moment after the moon landing, was this one.

One wishes him the best with lady #4.
My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by llondel » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:48 am

PHXPhlyer wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:51 am
Buzz Aldrin, one of three astronauts to set foot on the moon in the 1969 Apollo 11 mission, tied the knot with his longtime love on his 93rd birthday, according to a tweet he posted on Friday.
I think they got that first bit wrong. Only two of them set foot on the moon.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by PHXPhlyer » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:08 am

llondel wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:48 am
PHXPhlyer wrote:
On the "MeatLoaf Scale" they are OK.
Two Out of Three Ain't Bad :))

PP

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by TheGreenAnger » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:16 am

llondel wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:48 am
PHXPhlyer wrote:
Michael Collins continued to orbit in splendid isolation. An interesting guy, with an artistic bent who wrote (as opposed to having a ghost writer) "Carrying the Fire". Highly recommended.
NASA astronaut Michael Collins trained as an experimental test pilot before venturing into space as a vital member of the Gemini 10 and Apollo 11 missions. In Carrying the Fire, his account of his voyages into space and the years of training that led up to them, Collins reveals the human tensions, the physical realities, and the personal emotions surrounding the early years of the space race. Collins provides readers with an insider's view of the space program and conveys the excitement and wonder of his journey to the moon. As skilled at writing as he is at piloting a spacecraft, Collins explains the clash of personalities at NASA and technical aspects of flight with clear, engaging prose, withholding nothing in his candid assessments of fellow astronauts Neil Armstrong, John Glenn, and Buzz Aldrin, and officials within NASA. A fascinating memoir of mankind's greatest journey told in familiar, human terms, Carrying the Fire is by turns thrilling, humorous, and thought-provoking, a unique work by a remarkable man.
My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.