Laser pen attacks on police helicopters

ricardian
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Laser pen attacks on police helicopters

#1 Post by ricardian » Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:22 pm

Police Condemn “Stupid and Dangerous” Laser Pen Attacks on Helicopters, Two Incidents in 24 Hours
In two separate incidents occurring within 24 hours, individuals targeted National Police Air Service (NPAS) helicopters with laser pens, posing a significant danger to the pilots, the crew and the public.
The incidents took place in Exeter and Dartford, with both suspects apprehended and facing lengthy jail time.
Ricardian, Stronsay, Orkney UK
www.stronsaylimpet.co.uk
visitstronsay.com
https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/EGER

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Laser pen attacks on police helicopters

#2 Post by CharlieOneSix » Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:34 pm

Idiots! Will they get the maximum 5 years in prison - will they hell. Probably just a slap on the wrist, unpaid work or a fine and don't be naughty boys again. I will be delighted if I'm wrong. Historically jail sentences have been 4 months, 7 months, 12 months, 20 weeks, 6 months...and would you believe one guy got only 250 hours of unpaid work and a suspended sentence. Come on judges - 5 years for each of these idiots, make an example of them!
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by tango15 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:51 pm

CharlieOneSix wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:34 pm
Idiots! Will they get the maximum 5 years in prison - will they hell. Probably just a slap on the wrist, unpaid work or a fine and don't be naughty boys again. I will be delighted if I'm wrong. Historically jail sentences have been 4 months, 7 months, 12 months, 20 weeks, 6 months...and would you believe one guy got only 250 hours of unpaid work and a suspended sentence. Come on judges - 5 years for each of these idiots, make an example of them!
:-bd Perhaps it would be useful if the judges could be persuaded away from a Masonic ritual or two, to actually sit in a helicopter whilst this is taking place. Sadly, I feel that it is only a matter of time before this behaviour results in something far more serious.

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Pinky the pilot » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:32 am

The Police Helicopters should be equipped with missiles capable of homing in on Lasers. Something like a HARM?

And be authorised to fire upon being lasered! :-bd
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#5 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:22 am

Was with an extremely senior British judge here a few weeks ago. Pity I didn't mention it to him. When I say senior he was a Lord and KG.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.