Helicopter Co. Chief Pilots

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Helicopter Co. Chief Pilots

#1 Post by Cacophonix » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:03 pm

Serendipity being serendipitous, my better half and I repaired to a local Italian restaurant tonight to lick our wounds after a bruising couple of days, nay months, and fell into conversation with a lone stranger sitting by himself at the table opposite. The better half actually initiated the conversation, I suspect she fancied him, a Lancashire man, and as it turned out, the chief pilot at a company flying from my local airfield, an ex army and then police pilot. What a nice guy. We invited him over to share out table and left with a new friend.

I have only met two chief company helicopter pilots and they have both proved to be excellent men. I am encouraged. Why didn't I take this up as a career.

Have you ever met a total bastard who was a helicopter pilot?

Caco

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Helicopter Co. Chief Pilots

#2 Post by CharlieOneSix » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:23 am

In 38 years in the helicopter business I don’t think I ever met any total bastard helo pilots. However one or two of them who became TRE/IRE’s were total bastards whilst they examined you!
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Helicopter Co. Chief Pilots

#3 Post by Cacophonix » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:53 am

My better half and I bumped into our Chief Pilot mate at the local Italian restaurant last night. Spent a large part of the meal discussing his CAA audit. Seems the job is as much about paperwork as it is about flying. He stays in the local hotel during the week and goes home to Ipswich and wife and kids at the weekend. The loneliness of the long distance helicopter pilot. Nice guy.

Silverstone.JPG

Caco