Bristow Aberdeen recruiting First Officers

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Bristow Aberdeen recruiting First Officers

#1 Post by CharlieOneSix » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:43 am

This was posted on the Bristow website yesterday - does this mean there's an upturn in the offshore helicopter support industry or maybe it's that the younger guys are so hacked off they are leaving and going fixed wing?

Equal time roster based in Aberdeen?!!!! Unheard of in my day!
First Officer – Based in Aberdeen

We are currently seeking a full time, permanent First Officers to join our busy Flight Operations Crew in Aberdeen. These positions will work an equal time roster and will be based out of Aberdeen. It should be noted that these are not commuting roles.

We offer full type conversion training which is delivered at our own on-site Training Facility in Aberdeen.

Minimum Requirements:

Candidates must hold an EASA CPL(H) with ATPL Theory and preferably 500 hours multi-engine hours.

Candidates must also hold an IR single or Multi Engine (ME preferred)

Candidates are required to hold a valid Class 1 Medical.

All applicants must be currently eligible to work and live in the UK.

Applicants must have a clean criminal record.

Applicants should submit a full CV and covering letter.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Bristow Aberdeen recruiting First Officers

#2 Post by FD2 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:15 pm

That's a positive step at last C16.

Making them non-commuting positions is a smart move. The company will be able to respond to short notice client requests more easily with crews living locally, as long as it doesn't eat too much into the 'equal time' deal...

I remember from my time up there that sometimes the commuters made Ops' life awkward when their commuting flights were cancelled or delayed due to weather, especially in Shetland. Pilots living locally had to take up the burden, or those who were just about to head south on the same aircraft!