Bristow and Era merge...

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Bristow and Era merge...

#1 Post by CharlieOneSix » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:23 pm

From the Bristow website: Bristow and Era merge....
Bristow Completes Merger with Era

HOUSTON, June 11, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bristow Group Inc. (NYSE:VTOL) and Era Group Inc. (“Era”) announced today that they have completed their combination (the “Merger”), creating a financially stronger company with enhanced size and diversification. The newly combined company will use the Bristow Group name (“Bristow”) and will remain a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange.
Combined fleet of more than 300 of the industry’s most modern aircraft with the latest generation of technology and safety features
Creates the world’s largest operator of S92, AW189 and AW139 model helicopters
Combined fleet is predominantly owned (>80%)
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Bristow and Era merge...

#2 Post by FD2 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:35 am

When KLM-ERA were together I think ERA did OK out of it, because the Dutch were a canny bunch with money. The UK company in Norwich didn't pay tax because they always made a loss on paper by leasing the aircraft from Den Helder to the UK at high hourly rates. ;)))

In theory the Bristow-ERA partnership should be OK but I'm not sure if anyone can make money with these low oil prices, hopeless contract rates and the North Sea being slowly wound down? Do you know if they operate anywhere else apart from the Gulf of Mexico, which is probably the same? Would the Rowan Drilling side keep the wolf from the door until prices rise again? - I guess they can't use one to subsidise the other though. How did Bristow get to this sorry state?