G~Man
Capt
Capt

HAI EXPO in New Orleans cancelled

#1 Post by G~Man » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:51 am

I guess I do not get to get drunk and pass out on Bourbon street this year now:

HAI Has Made the Difficult Decision to Cancel

HAI HELI-EXPO 2021

HAI has made the difficult decision to cancel HAI HELI-EXPO 2021, scheduled for late March in New Orleans.

Since the coronavirus pandemic began in early 2020, the HAI staff and our show partners have been working to carry out an in-person show while maintaining the health and safety of all participants. We took extraordinary steps to be able to conduct a safe event.

While some in our industry have urged us to carry on with the show, the majority have recently expressed discomfort with the logistics involved in business travel at this time. HAI appreciates hearing from our diverse VTOL community, and we are grateful for the honest feedback that we've received from our members, exhibitors, attendees, and other stakeholders.

We know many of our partners have already invested in HAI HELI-EXPO 2021. Exhibitors have multiple options for their booth payments, including pushing participation and payment to the 2022 show in Dallas, repurposing dollars to other HAI advertising and sponsorship opportunities to support their business objectives in 2021, or issue of a full refund. Current exhibitors will be contacted with additional details in the next 5–7 business days, and more information on exhibitor options, including helpful contacts, can be found at heliexpo.com/faq.

Registered attendees will receive a full refund, as will those who registered for HAI Professional Education courses. Our housing vendor, onPeak, will cancel all hotel reservations booked within the HAI block. Registered attendees, HAI Professional Education course registrants, and those with hotel reservations within the HAI block will receive additional communication from HAI within the next 5–7 business days. Please visit heliexpo.com/faq for more information, including helpful contacts.

Please accept my apology and that of the entire HAI staff for canceling this year's show. Just as you look forward to HAI HELI-EXPO® each year, we look forward to seeing you there. We appreciate your support for HAI and the industry, as well as your enthusiasm for the much-needed business, networking, and education opportunities that take place each year at our show.

All of that enthusiasm will now be directed toward HAI HELI-EXPO 2022, which will be held on March 7–10 in Dallas, Texas, a city that has traditionally been a hub of rotorcraft operations. HAI HELI-EXPO is where the international VTOL industry gathers—to connect, learn, and conduct business—and we hope to see you there.

In the meantime, let's keep communications open. HAI will continue to work on your behalf throughout the year, providing you with the advocacy, education, and member services you require. We are here to serve you, our members and customers. Please let me know at president@rotor.org how I and the HAI staff can help you to keep your rotors turning.

Sincerely,
JimVsignature_954209.png
James A. Viola
HAI President & CEO
B-) Life may not be the party you hoped for, but while you're here, you may as well dance. B-)