Yet Another Future Air Taxi Appears

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Yet Another Future Air Taxi Appears

#1 Post by FD2 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:52 am

Yet another company convinces reporter that this is the air taxi of the future! I think I have been reading about this sort of thing since scanning the Eagle comic as a boy!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/300 ... o-10-years

Air taxi could be flying the skies in New Zealand within '5 to 10 years'

Brook Sabin09:53, Oct 05 2022

Air New Zealand has partnered with Wisk Aero - which has revealed its new four-person air taxi that it hopes to bring to our shores.

A new four-person flying taxi that could cost Kiwis as little as $3 per kilometre to use has been revealed.

Wisk Aero has released a prototype of its aircraft that will “rise like a helicopter and fly like a plane”.

Air New Zealand’s CEO Greg Foran was recently in California checking out the new four-seater aircraft – which has only just been revealed to the public.

Wisk, which tested earlier versions of the aircraft in New Zealand, has confirmed its new look sixth-generation model will be the one that goes into production. It’s the world’s first self-flying all-electric vertical and take-off aircraft that can fit four people.

Wisk has previously revealed to Stuff Travel that at least one New Zealand city is amongst the first 20 on its radar, and it expects to be flying here within "five to 10 years” – but it won’t reveal finer details. ;)))

my wink...

Wisk 3.jpg
Wisk 3.jpg (36.09 KiB) Viewed 268 times