Squadron-Leader Crash

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Squadron-Leader Crash

#1 Post by OFSO » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:35 pm

Former Squdn-Ldr Crash and wife Jeannie arrived for Sunday lunch in the restaurant yesterday. Those who served under him (or had the misfortune to serve under his wife as Harbour Master) will no doubt be interested in this little factoid.

Rossian
Capt
Capt

Re: Squadron-Leader Crash

#2 Post by Rossian » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:33 pm

Thanks OFSO. Was it noisy and were you able to take avoiding action? As an aside how did the old bugger look, compos mentis? (only because I'll be meeting someone on Thursday who will be interested)

The Ancient Mariner
Another small factoid; he actually was a Group Captain and was commander of a secret airbase in Wiltshire. But that was a v.long time ago.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by OFSO » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:19 pm

I tried to avoid glancing that way, although from skin burns not dissimilar to the effects of mild radiation on the back of my neck I conjecture I was in receipt of a baleful glance from his wife. They dress like ageing hippies of an artistic bent, and drove off in a large 4x4, which from Mrs OFSO's blasphemous oath just missed our own vehicle before stopping in the middle of the road to plan the next leg of the journey. Repeated several times until out of sight. Bombs Away !

Brian W May
CPL
CPL

#4 Post by Brian W May » Fri May 11, 2018 12:07 pm

Did Bullen ever make Group Captain?