Recruitment - more insanity!

ricardian
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Recruitment - more insanity!

#1 Post by ricardian » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:22 pm

The Royal Air Force unlawfully discriminated against white men in a recruitment drive aimed at boosting diversity, an official inquiry has found
Sky News
Thu, June 29, 2023
The Royal Air Force unlawfully discriminated against white men in a recruitment drive aimed at boosting diversity, an official inquiry has found.
Air Chief Marshal Sir Richard Knighton, the new head of the RAF, said he "apologised unreservedly" to all those affected, including the former head of recruitment who was forced to resign rather than implement an order she believed - correctly - to be unlawful.
Ricardian, Stronsay, Orkney UK
www.stronsaylimpet.co.uk
visitstronsay.com
https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/EGER

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Recruitment - more insanity!

#2 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:42 pm

So, that's a Constructive Dismissal case win for Lizzy Nicoll, then.
They can take the compensation out of Mike Wigston's pension. And why is he still a Knight, since he's a racist?

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by 4mastacker » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:20 pm

Absolutely embarrassing for the service of which I was a member from the time I left school until I left at age 55. I served when we had proper leaders, people who we looked up to and respected. In recent years, the service has had individuals (note I didn't say 'leaders') at the top who weren't fit to clean the boots of their predecessors and who worshipped at the altar of Political Correctness at the cost of having the best people to do the job.

Those responsible for this debacle are also responsible for the wretched state of morale within the service and should feel the full force of the consequences of such behaviour - including the award of a stripey sun-tan.

The new CAS has one hell of a job to do to restore the trust and integrity of the RAF. I wish him well.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by barkingmad » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:00 pm

And more besides from Aunty Beeb;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66060490

When I left the mob I was convinced that the RAF was suffering from some form of cancer which was already at Stage 2 and has since progressed to a more fatal stage.

And their senior orifices responsible should be liable to be on a charge of racial discrimination, no messing, case proven m'lud ! ! !