MIA's

Lost forever.
rgbrock1
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: MIA's

#161 Post by rgbrock1 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:40 pm

Airborne Aircrew wrote:RGB:

Creating a new persona doesn't get you access I'm afraid. I created one some weeks ago now and have made several sensible posts in varying subject matter topics. Not one has appeared in the threads yet... So I'm stuck in limbo.

The funny thing is that they are now so paranoid about who may or may not be a previously banned that bona fide new members are also in limbo and probably don't bother returning. So, they are hurting their own membership numbers which, in turn, will affect that revenue stream they are trying to protect by culling us dross... :))

So I guess the question is: where did all your posts go? Are they being moderated out? Do they actually have suspicion that your other persona is you?
Pro Deo et Constitutione — Libertas aut Mors

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#162 Post by probes » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:43 pm

Airborne Aircrew wrote:Creating a new persona doesn't get you access I'm afraid. I created one some weeks ago now and have made several sensible posts in varying subject matter topics. Not one has appeared in the threads yet... So I'm stuck in limbo.

but you used a proxy, or how's it called, to get a different location and IP?

Airborne Aircrew
Capt
Capt

#163 Post by Airborne Aircrew » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:16 pm

RGB:

Your first posts go into a moderation queue for the mods to look over to prevent spammers. If they choose not to allow the post through or delete it then it never appears in the forums. I do similar on my forums, your first post goes to the moderation queue. The forum admin can set how many posts are required before your posts go straight to the forums but that count requires that moderators don't delete posts from the queue because deleted posts and posts not allowed through don't count in the post count required.

Probes:

Many moons ago I had to use a proxy because my commonly used IP Addresses had been blocked and I hadn't tried to go there for some time. I tried recently an got through directly so my IP's have been unblocked because I know they haven't changed.
Reasons for being banned to date:-

1. Espousing extreme views
2. PITA, (love this one)...

Sisemen

#164 Post by Sisemen » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:19 pm

Not sure how they're doing it but I tried various tactics in the past; different persona, different ISP etc and nothing could get me through Voldemort's wall. The only one that succeeded was to create a different persona (etimegev) and get it up and running when I was in the UK. However, they soon clamped down on me when I got back to Oz.

Airborne Aircrew
Capt
Capt

#165 Post by Airborne Aircrew » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:25 pm

Siseman:

One of the tricks the other place used was to alter the cookie when you tried to log in after the ban. Every time after the ban that you used your banned login and password they updated the PPRuNe cookie to dump you out to a you're banned screen. Assuming they hadn't banned your IPs too then if you clear your cookies and don't allow the computer to automatically log you in then you could read the forums but nothing else.

admin
Chief Engineer

#166 Post by admin » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:30 pm

500N wrote:Has anyone invited Cooda Shooda ?

He's been here for quite while.

Airborne Aircrew
Capt
Capt

#167 Post by Airborne Aircrew » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:38 pm

and 500N Cooda Shooda known... :)) :))

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#168 Post by probes » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:55 pm

Airborne Aircrew wrote:One of the tricks the other place used was ...

OK, AA, one more thing. If I create an account and another person starts to use it in a totally different part of the world and gets banned, shouldn't it be traceable and me punished, too, somehow?

P.S there should be an encrypted list delivered to secret 'top security' e-mails to match the various usernames - to understand what's going on.

Airborne Aircrew
Capt
Capt

#169 Post by Airborne Aircrew » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:33 pm

Probes:

If the account is killed then it doesn't matter where you try to use the account it will show you as banned and you'll get no access. Now, if they use the cookie ban trick then your attempt to log in back in your part of the world will alter the cookie on your computer to do the silly tricks they think are amusing. If they only ban the IP address then you'd get access as long as you don't try to use the username/password combination which would show you as banned.

The way to defeat them and get to read the drivel that remains now all the fun people have left is to clear all your cookies. Delete any saved login information your browser has for PPRuNe.org and find a proxy that will hide the IP Address you were banned from.

19downbubble
Snr FO
Snr FO

#170 Post by 19downbubble » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:37 pm

Using privacy mode is the easiest way, since all session cookies etc are deleted on exit.

Sisemen

#171 Post by Sisemen » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:08 am

To be honest though I really cannot be arsed any more. This site now does for me :ymapplause:

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#172 Post by Pinky the pilot » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:04 am

That wouldn't have been a certain Dennis Douglas, previously of Malerial Tours fame would it

Er.. yes it was. And much much later, long after I left the country (involuntarily I might add :(( ) he became
Sir Dennis Douglas, or so I was told.

He did me a great favour once! B-) I have heard many tales told of him over the years, some good and some bad.

Because of the favour he did me I will always hold him, and the memory of him, in deep respect! ^:)^ ^:)^
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#173 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:58 am

Most of the sensible, polite and proffesional aviators are over here now so one has no wish to get back on. They can all, err, I said polite, err, have a Happy Christmas. :-$
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

A Lutra Continua
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#174 Post by A Lutra Continua » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:53 am

Oi!! Who do you think you're calling sensible...? Eh?!

rgbrock1
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#175 Post by rgbrock1 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:55 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:Most of the sensible, polite and proffesional aviators are over here now so one has no wish to get back on. They can all, err, I said polite, err, have a Happy Christmas. :-$

Funny, but I don't see Rainboe here. :D :ymdevil: :))
Pro Deo et Constitutione — Libertas aut Mors

GrumpyOldFart
Snr FO
Snr FO

#176 Post by GrumpyOldFart » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:40 pm

Anyone able to contact Thread Baron? He went awol from The Other Place quite some time ago - don't know why.
The older I get, the grumpier I get.
I may soon have to start biting people. X(

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#177 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:51 am

Calling Bluey, come in Bluey.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

CityofFlight
CPL
CPL

#178 Post by CityofFlight » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:38 am

Have joined the flock. That is if anyone still remembers me. B-) :D
Don't make excuses for nasty people. You can't put a flower in an asshole and call it a vase.

A Lutra Continua
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#179 Post by A Lutra Continua » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:03 am

Yup. How are the travels going? New business doing well?

admin
Chief Engineer

#180 Post by admin » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:05 am

Just had an email from Sasless asking how to get here. Seems he got lost in the move. Sent him our new GPS co-ordinates, so expect his arrival anytime.

Alison