What happend to Fox3WhereismyBanana?

Lost forever.
Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot
What happend to Fox3WhereismyBanana?

#1 Post by Rwy in Sight » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:30 am

Since I held a high respect for his input, I would appreciate if anyone know if he is ok!

admin
Chief Engineer

Re: What happend to Fox3WhereismyBanana?

#2 Post by admin » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:56 am

If I recollect correctly he got the pip over something and said "I am outta here". and sadly hasn't been back. If you select "Members" at the bottom of the main index page, and then find Fox under "F", click on his name and you will be able to send him an email. If anyone does, then tell him he is sorely missed.

Alison

Sisemen

#3 Post by Sisemen » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:13 am

....and the folk that were chucked out? 500N et al? Are they forgiven and back or back under other names? It WAS the point of difference between us and the gestapo on the other side.

admin
Chief Engineer

#4 Post by admin » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:31 pm

Sisemen wrote:....and the folk that were chucked out? 500N et al? Are they forgiven and back or back under other names?

No they haven't been invited back. And in case you hadn't noticed it's been far more restrained and, dare I say it, civilised since they were banned. I got very little enjoyment out of having to break up fights at weekly intervals.

Sisemen wrote:It WAS the point of difference between us and the gestapo on the other side

Please elucidate.

Sisemen

#5 Post by Sisemen » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:54 pm

The fact that people were subject to bannings and being generally screwed around because your face no longer fitted or you'd upset a moderator or some such on the other site as opposed to a much more relaxed, welcoming, and mostly non-judgemental attitude on here.

admin
Chief Engineer

#6 Post by admin » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:20 pm

Wasn't being picky, Sise. Just wasn't sure what or who were the "gestapo on the other side". First take was the "Gestapo" could have been referring to those who held opposing views to those who had been banned. Any and all views are acceptable here, as long as the view is debated and not the person.

Alison

Cacophonix

#7 Post by Cacophonix » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:01 am

admin wrote:If I recollect correctly he got the pip over something and said "I am outta here". and sadly hasn't been back. If you select "Members" at the bottom of the main index page, and then find Fox under "F", click on his name and you will be able to send him an email. If anyone does, then tell him he is sorely missed.

Alison

If I remember correctly he had a spat with a generally very restrained member here (not me of course because that's not the way I roll ;) ) and did a dummy spit and vanished. I dug the dude despite his political opinions not really being akin to mine. Silly bugger should come back!

Caco

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by om15 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:10 am

I liked Fox3, he was very keen and motivated in this forum, I think he took some time out to build a house or something like that.

I took a stroll through a few threads in TOP recently, I notice that formally quite prolific contributors like SSD, Flying Lawyer, and a few other have disappeared, one quite well established poster of long standing had been chucked of a thread and he openly invited the mods to shove the forum up their arse.
So unless you like tedious and often aimless pontificating about Guardian cut and pastes there is not much happening over there, all life extinguished by the mods, still plenty of adverts though.

I think the balance is about right on here, can get boring with repetitive drum banging about certain types of foreigners, but generally pretty good, recent posts on TOP mourn the passing of Slasher, so we must have something right on here!

admin
Chief Engineer

#9 Post by admin » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:01 pm

om15 wrote:I took a stroll through a few threads in TOP recently, I notice that formally quite prolific contributors like SSD, Flying Lawyer, and a few other have disappeared!

Perhaps it's time we stated advertising Ops-normal over there again. :)

Anyone able? Do feel free.

Alison

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:35 am

Perhaps it's time we stated advertising Ops-normal over there again. :)

Anyone able? Do feel free.

Said in my best GW voice..(Only Aussies of a certain age will appreciate this; :D The rest of you just humour me! #-o )

'I'll give it a fair go..!!"

So unless you like tedious and often aimless pontificating about Guardian cut and pastes there is not much happening over there, all life extinguished by the mods, still plenty of adverts though.

About the most accurate description of what goes on over at TOP that I could imagine.
It only takes me about 10 minutes on average to check out the three sections that take my interest. Dunnunda (both sections) and JB.
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Capetonian

#11 Post by Capetonian » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:44 am

Any advertising will be rapidly quashed by the Pprune censors. Is Wanking Wob still there by the way?

Sisemen

#12 Post by Sisemen » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:15 pm

Must be. He keeps appearing on here under the True Liberal lable.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by Boac » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:28 pm

Hmm - not sure. I think TL is a bit more intelligent. /:)

Capetonian

#14 Post by Capetonian » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:09 pm

Don't think so. TL appears to be well educated but halfwitted. Wanking Wobbie probably suffers from various complexes which make him so unpleasant and condescending.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by Woody » Tue May 02, 2017 6:43 am

He's back :YMHUG:
When all else fails, read the instructions.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by om15 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:01 pm

Welcome home Fox, hope all is well.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by Rwy in Sight » Thu May 04, 2017 5:49 am

Besides my welcome, I should make a note next time to ask for something I really need because it is a nice coincidence that Fox 3 re-appeared here just few days after I asked.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#18 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Wed May 24, 2017 2:26 am

Happy to be back, thanks for re-invite.
Very difficult to make comments these days without some @rse immediately taking the PC line and getting the hump. I'm fed up with it.
Present company seems to be missing said types, so I'm pleased.
Hopefully moving in about 3 weeks, little 2 acre old 1 3/4 storey in the country with workshops bigger than the house. More importantly my sis is officially cancer-free.
Was going to build new again myself, but regulations have moved on and that's now effectively banned. So, I've got somewhere that's finished on the outside but needs a complete strip out on the inside, which the Government here neither knows nor cares about.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by Woody » Wed May 24, 2017 6:40 am

Good news for your sister, enjoy the rebuilding, we will need photos :-bd
When all else fails, read the instructions.

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by probes » Wed May 24, 2017 7:35 am

Fox3WheresMyBanana wrote:Was going to build new again myself, but regulations have moved on and that's now effectively banned.

Maybe something less obvious and harder to regulate, then? :)

https://greenbuildingelements.com/2008/ ... -for-5000/