RGBrock1

Lost forever.
limeygal
Capt
Capt

RGBrock1

#1 Post by limeygal » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:59 am

Wondering where RGB is. I haven't seen a post of his for a while. He last visited at the beginning of June. Anyone know anything?

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: RGBrock1

#2 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:15 pm

Would be very good to hear from him again (now I'm back).

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Cacophonix » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:27 am

He moved to Carolina (can't remember if it was North or South). He is probably learning how to wear his caps back to front, drive a pick up truck and get on with the local Baptists or the nearest KKK chapter! =))

A good friend of mine from Canada ended up working on contract in Greenville South Carolina and his colleagues invited him to their church on Sunday. When he pointed out that he was an atheist he was shunned for the rest of his time there and was delighted to get home to Calgary in the winter!

Maybe I am being unfair but the Carolinas don't float my boat.

Caco

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Rwy in Sight » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:07 pm

I'll take Calgary in the winter over any tine in Carolinas.

Caco, really loved the second phrase of your first paragraph

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:34 pm

Another wanderer returns!

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by ian16th » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:33 am

I once spent 6 weeks working in Raleigh, NC. It wasn't all bible thumping, some of the people were very normal.
Cynicism improves with age

rgbrock1
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by rgbrock1 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:39 pm

I have returned! And, yes, I'm now very much at home in Georgetown, South Carolina. Where 99.9% of the people are normal. Contrary to the falsehoods written above. :D
Pro Deo et Constitutione — Libertas aut Mors

rgbrock1
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by rgbrock1 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:50 pm

Cacophonix wrote:He moved to Carolina (can't remember if it was North or South). He is probably learning how to wear his caps back to front, drive a pick up truck and get on with the local Baptists or the nearest KKK chapter! =))

A good friend of mine from Canada ended up working on contract in Greenville South Carolina and his colleagues invited him to their church on Sunday. When he pointed out that he was an atheist he was shunned for the rest of his time there and was delighted to get home to Calgary in the winter!

Caco

Have you ever been to either of the Carolinas, Caco? Or are you basing judgement on one single person's experience? I have never before met people who are more giving, selfless, warm, charitable, friendly, patriotic (gasp) and helpful than I have in the South in general and in SC specifically. It's common knowledge that southerners in general cast a leery eye upon northerners. I experienced that in the Army and didn't quite understand it. Now I understand it very well.

rgbrock1
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by rgbrock1 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:57 pm

Rwy in Sight wrote:I'll take Calgary in the winter over any tine in Carolinas.

That's fine, Rwy. While I sit on the beach in the winter sipping Pina Coladas, I'll think of you freezing your balls off in Calgary. :D :ymdevil: =))

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by Cacophonix » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:23 am

rgbrock1 wrote:
Cacophonix wrote:He moved to Carolina (can't remember if it was North or South). He is probably learning how to wear his caps back to front, drive a pick up truck and get on with the local Baptists or the nearest KKK chapter! =))

Caco

Have you ever been to either of the Carolinas, Caco? Or are you basing judgement on one single person's experience? I have never before met people who are more giving, selfless, warm, charitable, friendly, patriotic (gasp) and helpful than I have in the South in general and in SC specifically. It's common knowledge that southerners in general cast a leery eye upon northerners. I experienced that in the Army and didn't quite understand it. Now I understand it very well.

I have indeed, both North and South when I was based in JAX, often flying up to places like Greenville and Raleigh! ;)

Have you taken to wearing Confederate underpants and changing your name to Beauregard by deed poll? I am glad to see that you fly the flag of the United State of America rather than a whimsical confederate flag on your porch! ;)

Also good to see that you are still as feisty as was your wont before! :)

PS - I come from far further South than you soft Southern boys. =))

I have never before met people who are more giving, selfless, warm, charitable, friendly, patriotic (gasp) and helpful than I have in the South in general and in SC specifically. It's common knowledge that southerners in general cast a leery eye upon northerners.

Shome contradiction shurely Mr Bond!

Caco

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by Cacophonix » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:37 am

Don't have an innate antipathy to Southerners at all by the way but all in all prefer Mississippi although I have a couple of Saffer friends who migrated to Atlanta Georgia...

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=120&v=_oK507sqBes[/bbvideo]

Some might notice that I am a huge fan of Southern rock, folk, country etc.

Caco

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by Rwy in Sight » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:19 am

rgbrock1 wrote:
Rwy in Sight wrote:I'll take Calgary in the winter over any tine in Carolinas.

That's fine, Rwy. While I sit on the beach in the winter sipping Pina Coladas, I'll think of you freezing your balls off in Calgary. :D :ymdevil: =))

I have got my more than fair share of drinks on the beach. I do like heavy winter in places they are built for that (good insulation on houses, good and efficient heating) and currently my wallpaper image on my laptop is a night snowfall by my place last winter. Having said that I do enjoy the heatwaves in the summer.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by ian16th » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:11 pm

Rwy in Sight wrote:I have got my more than fair share of drinks on the beach. I do like heavy winter in places they are built for that (good insulation on houses, good and efficient heating) and currently my wallpaper image on my laptop is a night snowfall by my place last winter. Having said that I do enjoy the heatwaves in the summer.

Snow! I'm allergic to the stuff.

My wallpaper is a sunset on Reunion:
Reunion Sunset small.jpg
Reunion Sunset small.jpg (48.17 KiB) Viewed 969 times

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by Woody » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:06 pm

Snow! I'm allergic to the stuff.

Do you get much in KZN?
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by Cacophonix » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:09 pm

On the Drakensburg mountains in some years.

Caco

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by Rwy in Sight » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:36 pm

I should start a thread about wallpapers. See you in the relevant forum in about an hour.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by ian16th » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:46 pm

Woody wrote:Snow! I'm allergic to the stuff.

Do you get much in KZN?

Van Reenen’s Pass, altitude 1700m/5270ft, on the N3 'motor way', just inside KZN on the border with the Free State quite often closed once or twice a year because of snow.

I've never gone up to look at it, but I should imagine the average UK driver could manage a conventional car. The problem would be a Seth Efrican with a big artic, across the road.

Having not driven on snow for over 30 years, I suspect my skills are currently somewhat less than the UK average.