"Maverick's" Cringe Worthy Quote

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

"Maverick's" Cringe Worthy Quote

#1 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu May 05, 2022 3:51 pm

Tom Cruise helicopters in for ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ premiere

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/05/entertai ... index.html

The “Top Gun: Maverick” world premiere was a star-studded affair, with Tom Cruise arriving by helicopter at San Diego’s North Island Navy Base Lowry Theater.

The movie comes more than three decades after the original 1986 “Top Gun,” with Cruise excited to show the audience the new flick.

“Does anyone want to see a movie in a movie theater? Let’s do it!” he told the crowd. “Let’s light the fires and kick the tires.” #-o

Cruise once again plays pilot Lt. Pete “Maverick” Mitchell in the movie, set to open in theaters May 27.

The sequel also stars Jon Hamm, Miles Teller, Glen Powell and Jennifer Connelly, who were in attendance at the premiere. It is directed by Joseph Kosinski.

The film will show Maverick dealing with guilt following the flight death of his best friend and Nick “Goose” Bradshaw, who was played by Anthony Edwards. Teller plays Bradshaw’s grown son, Bradley “Rooster” Bradshaw.

Also joining the cast for the sequel are Monica Barbaro, Jay Ellis, Lewis Pullman, Greg Tarzan Davis and Danny Ramirez.

Connelly plays Maverick’s love interest and Hamm is a Navy commander.

PP

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: "Maverick's" Cringe Worthy Quote

#2 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu May 05, 2022 5:33 pm

I must admit that I thought that the original was, how do I put this? A bit gay!

Seems I wasn't the only one!

Top Gun

George Ouzounian, the author of The Alphabet of Manliness.

;)))

Don't get me wrong. Tom Cruise rocked in 'American Made', and he is a real pilot, and a pretty good one, it seems, but I would have wanted to have put 'Top Gun' behind me, er not in the literal sense, if I was him! =))

Edited to say that old George seems to have got himself involved in some internet related legal strife and hasn't posted since 2020!

PPS - Wouldn't you change your name as an actor if your surname was Hamm! =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."