Tracey Curtis-Taylor arrives in Darwin

MoreAviation

Re: Tracey Curtis-Taylor arrives in Darwin

#41 Post by MoreAviation » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:58 pm

you missed out on the frissance of 'Muffin the Mule'?

I did and only became aware of this when my first English girlfriend Elizabeth pointed out that Muffin the Mule was a probably a crime but she wouldn't mind if... (censored)...

We have strayed a long way from Ms Curtis Taylor methinks....

MA

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#42 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:44 am

'We have strayed a long way from Ms Curtis Taylor methinks.... '

Not really, she and Ewald were trying to keep their balls in the middle. Talking of hiding balls. Wonder if they playing hide the sausage when they pranged.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

MoreAviation

#43 Post by MoreAviation » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:43 pm

Ms Curtis Taylor has commented on the solo or collaborative nature of her endeavour on her website!

birdinabp.JPG
birdinabp.JPG (118.49 KiB) Viewed 655 times

http://www.birdinabiplane.com/

It is good to hear that the aircraft has been repaired and is back in Blighty.

MA

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#44 Post by Boac » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:03 pm

Perhaps she could share with the media the names of those with whom she 'shared' the open cockpit experience on which legs?

MoreAviation

#45 Post by MoreAviation » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:41 am

Boac wrote:Perhaps she could share with the media the names of those with whom she 'shared' the open cockpit experience on which legs?

I am off to Farnborough tomorrow with my Obergruppenführerein and will keep an eye out to see whether Spirit of Artemis or indeed Ms Curtis-Taylor is anywhere to be seen. If she is there and is open to conversation I will courteously enquire about the trip and who actually accompanied her. She holds a commercial pilot's licence as well as an instructor's rating so I am pretty sure that she flew the aircraft at all times.

Whatever the case I am secretly quite jealous of her adventure. Flying a Boeing Stearman around the world is some adventure and the kind of thing that should be encouraged. Good luck to the good lady.

MA

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#46 Post by Boac » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:07 am

"she flew the aircraft at all times" - is not the issue - it is the definition of 'solo' that irks a few.

Enjoy F'boro!

MoreAviation

#47 Post by MoreAviation » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:27 pm

Boac wrote:"she flew the aircraft at all times" - is not the issue - it is the definition of 'solo' that irks a few.

Enjoy F'boro!

Looking forward to F'boro and thanks for the good wishes. See some big business was transacted there this week and good to see Airbus doing well :) ...

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/airbus ... 2016-07-14

MA

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#48 Post by Ex-Ascot » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:39 pm

It is also this self styled 'Bird in a Biplane' which annoys me. She is in her early 50s for goodness sake. Hardly call that a 'bird'. A CPL and a QFI, so what 90% of the kids down here bush flying have that. She has been devious and deserves the flak.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

MoreAviation

#49 Post by MoreAviation » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:25 pm

She is in her early 50s for goodness sake.

Some of the best 'birds' I know are in their fifties! Lord knows, if I have to admit that they aren't then I might have to admit that I have become an old codger myself! :)

Ex-Ascot, I suspect that both you and Boac are in denial (as opposed to de Niger) and secretly fancy Ms Curtis-Taylor just a little bit... =))

MA

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#50 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:30 pm

MA I can assure you that Ms Curtis -Taylor is not on Ex-A's fantasy list for sure! :p

:D
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

MoreAviation

#51 Post by MoreAviation » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:45 pm

MA I can assure you that Ms Curtis -Taylor is not on Ex-A's fantasy list for sure! :p

:D

With a lady as gracious, as you appear to be, by his side ma'am I am sure that is the case. :)

MA

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#52 Post by Boac » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:59 pm

....and I ain't sayin'..........

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#53 Post by Ex-Ascot » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:39 pm

Me neither Boac.... Not allowed to.

When Mrs Ex-Ascot did her solo cross countries for her PPL she was solo.

When I did my solo formation exercises I was not. I kept shouting 'airmiss' :-o so wasn't allowed up there unattended. Thus my career progression. They gave me purple airspace to keep me quiet.

Going into Belize on one occassion two Harriers asked to formate on us. I approved. Expected them on the wing tips. They came alongside the flight deck. Then they asked to swap over. I cleared it. I thought that they were going to pull away and come in again. One went under the flight deck the other rolled over the top. I knocked my cup of tea off the saucer. You small fast jet guys shouldn't be let loose on us big fast jet guys.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#54 Post by Boac » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:12 pm

Well, Belize did bring out the worst in us. Hope you didn't get the shortbread bikky wet. Bet they rushed home to see if any talent got off............... :ymdevil:

MoreAviation

#55 Post by MoreAviation » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:14 am

I am off to Farnborough tomorrow with my Obergruppenführerein and will keep an eye out to see whether Spirit of Artemis or indeed Ms Curtis-Taylor is anywhere to be seen

Well the Spirit of Artemis was much in sight, sharing a prime position in the static display not far from the far more dowdy looking F-35. The aircraft looked immaculate, as so she should, having pretty much been rebuilt after the 'incident' out there amongst the desert tumbleweeds. No sight of Ms Curtis-Taylor though, so no questions or answers.

MA

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#56 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:21 am

'No sight of Ms Curtis-Taylor though.....'

Either in disguise or couldn't find her way there without Ewald. B-)

MoreAviation

#57 Post by MoreAviation » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:38 am

I see that Ms Curtis-Taylor and questions about what the term solo actually means were raised by Dave Unwin in the September 2016 copy of Pilot Magazine... (Page 63)...

From what I gather, Ms Curtis-Taylor has gathered an impressive clutch of awards, medals and Honorary Doctorates while 'replicating' the solo flights of some amazing female aviators for the past in a Beautiful Stearman, yet people insist on posting pictures of her arriving at various destinations with the front cockpit of said Stearman clearly occupied. As some of the more - shall we say 'colourful' - airmen of my acquaintance might ask, WTF is that all about?

Does this mean that Boac and Ex-Ascot are of the colourful variety of airmen? :)

MA

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#58 Post by Boac » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:05 am

Yep, mostly a shade of pinky/brown, becoming pinky/white in the winter. =)) - but not, as far as I am aware, of the acquaintance of Dave Unwin.

MoreAviation

#59 Post by MoreAviation » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:36 am

At the rate Ms Curtis-Taylor is going she will have Jon Krakauer on her tail and then God help her...

A good article on this whole brouhaha...

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world ... us-flights

MA

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#60 Post by Boac » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:13 am

She can at least claim to have been 'alone in the cockpit' for the flight (assuming she was not sitting on Ewald's lap, or vice versa) but a 'solo' flight it was not. A lot of us are extremley off-pissed with this creature and she has damaged the image of women in aviation beyond repair, not to mention ruining poor Amanda's sponsorship and efforts.