The Loo of the future in Aviation.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

The Loo of the future in Aviation.

#1 Post by ian16th » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:23 pm

Just think of the aviation applications!

A must have for wide-body a/c on long haul flights.

An Elsan version for those far flung parts of airfields.
Cynicism improves with age

unifoxos
Capt
Capt

Re: The Loo of the future in Aviation.

#2 Post by unifoxos » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:26 pm

Not sure it would help. My experience is the most of the queues are caused by those of the female persuasion who want to have a complete wash, brush-up, hairdo and make-up etc. after an overnight, during the few minutes after breakfast before the seat belt signs go on for landing. They are not sitting on the bog for all that primping.
Sent from my tatty old Windoze PC.

Capetonian

#3 Post by Capetonian » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:20 am

Aircraft should have a number of standing only cubicles, which would take up less space than those with a sit-down bog, for people who want to do their make-up, hair etc.

A company I used to work for had a simple and effective way of minimising employees' toilet time. They toilets were so filthy and smelly that people only used them in extremis. It backfired, because people went outside to use the forested areas surrounding the building, or went to a nearby hotel for 'coffee' and a toilet break. Eventually complaints were received from the people using the forests for recreation, and from the hotels, and they were forced to clean up their act.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:55 am

Aircraft should have a number of standing only cubicles,
Bristol Britannia 312 had a small cubicle "Gents. Toilet," i.e. only a urinal, no lavatory pan. Once flew a charter from the West Indies, ( not being racist, stating fact ) and during the flight a steward entered the flight deck and whispered to the F/Eng. who laughed and wrote in the tech log, then showed me ... Quote " Gents urinal used as arsenal, please clean" at the next station the staff cleaned as requested and wrote in the log " Rectumfied".