Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Garmin Hack

#21 Post by G-CPTN » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:10 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:52 pm
ian16th wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:50 am
Starting his quarantine earlier will not get him out of it any quicker.

But he will get out sooner,.
He'll change the rules to suit himself. Mebbe cut the days from 14 to 10, or somesuch ruse.
Or introduce a covid test after which he'll be 'free to go'.

Has anyone seen the terms of the quarantine? Does it require 'safeguarding'? - or can you go out for 'essential' shopping?
In England, you can only leave your accommodation in limited circumstances. These include where:

you need urgent medical assistance (or where your doctor has advised you to get medical assistance)
you need access to basic necessities like food and medicines, but only in exceptional circumstances such as where you cannot arrange for these to be delivered
you need to access critical public services such as social services and victim support services, but only in exceptional circumstances
you need to go to the funeral of a family member of someone you live with
you need to visit a dying or critically ill family member or someone you live with
you need to fulfil a legal obligation such as participate in legal proceedings
there’s an emergency
From:- https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -to-the-uk

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by G-CPTN » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:32 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:52 pm
He'll change the rules to suit himself. Mebbe cut the days from 14 to 10, or somesuch ruse.
Spot on!

also:-
The Telegraph reports arrivals from high-risk countries could be tested eight days after landing for coronavirus, and if the results are negative they would be allowed to leave self-isolation.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:13 pm

My Garmin is now fully charged and boots OK. In previous use the most it was off charge was two weeks while we were on holiday. With my new car it has not been used for 4 months so the battery well discharged.

Got on to the Garmin site long enough to find there is a new map update. Thereafter I get a server error message so they are still gerfuked.

I wonder was this the problem Smile Bank had? Apparently it isn't but the Coop has not explained yet.