Nuclear power plants in aircraft....

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Nuclear power plants in aircraft....

#21 Post by Boac » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:51 am

If the conjunction of positrons and electrons results in the destruction of mass, think of the prospects for obesity........... :))

If the 21st Century 'Stephanie Bowman' anti-matter slimming girdle can be made sufficiently resistant to heat and other energy, one could charge one's mobile and cook lunch whilst slimming.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:25 am

Boac wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:51 am
If the conjunction of positrons and electrons results in the destruction of mass, think of the prospects for obesity........... :))

If the 21st Century 'Stephanie Bowman' anti-matter slimming girdle can be made sufficiently resistant to heat and other energy, one could charge one's mobile and cook lunch whilst slimming.
If the amount of mass that is contained in a Steph Bowman slimsuit was to instantaneously annihilate with an equivalent mass of antimatter, in a 100% efficient combination, the ensuing blast would rend the fabric of space time and one's underpants almost immediately... =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by Boac » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:24 am

and one's underpants
I regret to say that I am familiar with that experience.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#24 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:00 pm

Boac wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:24 am
and one's underpants
I regret to say that I am familiar with that experience.
More like nuclear power pants in aircraft then... ;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#25 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:13 am

Well I have been working on my own personal warp drive in my shed in the backyard according to the Alcubierre blueprint and then space.com goes and lays this one one me...
In 1994, physicist Miguel Alcubierre proposed a radical technology that would allow faster than light travel: the warp drive, a hypothetical way to skirt around the universe’s ultimate speed limit by bending the fabric of reality.

It was an intriguing idea – even NASA has been researching it at the Eagleworks laboratory – but Alcubierre’s proposal contained problems that seemed insurmountable. Now, a recent paper by US-based physicists Alexey Bobrick and Gianni Martire has resolved many of those issues and generated a lot of buzz.

But while Bobrick and Martire have managed to substantially demystify warp technology, their work actually suggests that faster-than-light travel will remain out of reach for beings like us, at least for the time being.

New Warp Drive Research

There is, however, a silver lining: warp technology may have radical applications beyond space travel.
Introducing Physical Warp Drives Alexey Bobrick, Gianni Martire

Damn it, I am going to have return some of those empty plastic dish wash fluid bottles to my better half and rework my drive...

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."