Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The Traitorous 8

#21 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:42 pm

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:27 pm
TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:26 am

Well worth watching, and is wryly amusing from the off (vide. the comment about Sinclair and the National Enterprise board suggesting the company produce a portable television,not imagining what Sinclair had actually invisaged), and should be watched by anybody who wants to know what happened to Britain PLC in the early computer/technology market in the 80's.
It does, before anybody beats me up, make up some things for dramatic effect. Clive Sinclair hated Micro Men. :)

At the risk of biting my tongue, which is firmly in my cheek, while chuckling, I must ask UP if he was a Sinclair fan, SInclair being an electric car fan too? =)) ;)))

The advert is a classic...
RIP Sir Clive Sinclair
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by TheGreenAnger » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:29 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:34 am
The crookery of Intel is deeply emetic; and quite common in America's tech sector. When they started to lose market share, they simply lied.

Theranos is another example of that culture. I could so easily have got sucked into investing in that crap if it hadn't been for my doctor daughter pointing out that such a machine is totally impossible with today's known technology. She also pointed out that the chief crookster in that scam had an obviously false deep voice that is totally unnatural in such a young woman and an indicator of a Walter Mitty type fakester.

Elizabeth Holmes is in the dock today waiting to be sentenced. I note she is heavily pregnant. My cynicism fuse has just popped. Would a truly responsible person, under indictment, with the possibility of 15 years in the slammer, get pregnant, unless she was playing for some kind of sympathy thing. Another manipulative sociopath!

Theranos founder Elizabeth Homes is set to learn her fate today as she is sentenced for defrauding investors of the blood-testing startup.

The heavily pregnant 38-year-old arrived at the federal courthouse in San Jose at around 9.30am Pacific time with husband Billy Evans and parents Christian and Noel Holmes.

Prosecutors have asked Judge Edward Davila to sentence Holmes to 15 years in prison and that she pay $800m in restitution for her role in the company’s fraudulent claims.

Assistant US attorney Robert Leach called the case “one of the most substantial white collar offences Silicon Valley or any other district has seen,” and rejected defence attorneys’ characterisation that Holmes had been unfairly victimised, in part by media coverage.

New Jersey Senator Cory Booker was among 140 friends, family and supporters who asked Judge Davila for leniency.

Holmes’ lawyers have cast her as a scapegoat who overcame a toxic relationship with Theranos COO Ramesh “Sunny” Balwani to become a loving mother. They have argued that sending Holmes to prison was “unnecessary” and asked for an 18 month period of home incarceration.

Holmes was convicted in January of three felony counts of wire fraud and one felony count of conspiracy to commit fraud.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 28013.html
My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by TheGreenAnger » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:20 am

I see that Elizabeth Holmes was sentenced to 11 years and 3 months in prison!
My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.