People's opinion on airlines

1DC
Capt
Capt

Re: People's opinion on airlines

#41 Post by 1DC » Thu May 02, 2019 1:53 pm

SWISS have just been voted number one in Europe, well deserved..

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

#42 Post by Smeagol » Fri May 03, 2019 4:10 pm

Off to Taiwan tomorrow. China Airlines, Gatwick to Taoyuan International Premium Economy.
Will report back next week.

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

#43 Post by Smeagol » Sun May 05, 2019 3:27 pm

Well the outbound trip was uneventful. Gatwick airport assistance staff were helpful and polite despite it being very busy (Mrs S requires assistance through airports as she finds the distances and the rush difficult and standing in queues almost impossible).
The China Airlines flight was good, Premium Economy a definite improvement on basic cattle class, though the seats that only slide forward rather than recline are not good to try and sleep on, the legs have nowhere to go. Found it easier to be upright with head on one side at least that way the legs can stretch out. Food and service was excellent.
assistance at Taipei was prompt and helpful.
Overall a good trip and will use CI on future trips.

Unfortunately have to go to work tomorrow.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#44 Post by ian16th » Thu May 09, 2019 8:12 am

This list lacks street cred
There isn't an African airline or airport in either of the 'worst' lists!

And ExA's opinion of Qatar Airlines wasn't very complimentary.
Wine improves with age
I improve with wine :YMPARTY:

Capetonian
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#45 Post by Capetonian » Fri May 10, 2019 6:48 am

The credibility of that and most similar surveys is about zero. To say it lacks street cred is an understatement.

To put easyJet below Ryanair is just blatant nonsense.

Singapore Airlines is consistently rated one of the best and yet doesn't appear in the top 10, nor do Swiss and NZ who usually rate very highly.
One thing you can say for the French, when civilization falls they have less far to fall than everyone else.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#46 Post by Woody » Fri May 10, 2019 7:50 am

A friend of mine recently flew with Slashers old mob and he couldn’t believe how much the inflight product has been reduced in the last year, much lower standard then any of the other sandpit carriers, he’s a regular traveller to Far East and has added them to his avoid list.
Can the last person to leave,please feed the cat.

llondel
Capt
Capt

#47 Post by llondel » Sat May 11, 2019 4:15 am

I've never flown on any of that top ten list. Only one of the worst list, too. Only been to one of the best/worst airports, too.

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#48 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Sat May 11, 2019 6:27 am

From personal experience I rate Emirates above Qatar; the only benefit of flying with Qatar was the one hour connection at Doha. Otherwise it was more expensive, the business class lounge at JNB was cr@p and the standard of Buisiness class was not as good. The cabin crew were good but the new policy of locking the toilets and putting the seat belt signs on 45 minutes before landing and making the cabin crew belt up 20 minutes before landing is ridiculous. Next year it's back to Emirates.

As for Manchester airport which I loath, in my opinion Toilet Town airport should have been on the worst airport list.
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#49 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon May 13, 2019 9:33 am

In addition to the above, both flights had planned time changes and we were not informed. One was an hour late. Also although minor the champagne was not flowing but delivered when requested. The flight entertainment system was pathetic compared to EK. The seats didn't have vibrating modes so I had no excuse to get a cabin crew girlie on my knee to test it. No mattress, duvet and pillow just a blanket. As said above the cabin crew were fine as was the grub. Also the wines.

We are booked return with Qatar so it will be the crap Service Air lounge at ATH which EK use. Quick transfer Doha but then SAA lounge at JNB which is very good.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.