easyJet boarding pass question

Capetonian

easyJet boarding pass question

#1 Post by Capetonian » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:00 pm

I am trying to help someone with a claim for a cancelled flight and subsequent delay on arrival. Without going into the boring details, I am questioning what he tells me, which is that this BP was issued by easyJet at FCO before they were sent to CIA to catch the substitute flight.

I do not believe that this is an airport issued BP, I think they issued it themselves at home (which would invalidate their claim that they never knew that their flight was operating from CIA rather than FCO.

It's also odd that it's in French although it was either printed in the UK (if my theory is correct) or in Italy according to the pax.

I have never heard of an airport office issuing a plain paper BP like this one. Any thoughts?

rgbrock1
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: easyJet boarding pass question

#2 Post by rgbrock1 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:09 pm

That boarding pass looks conspicuously like one printed at home. i doubt an airline provided BP would have an ad for flight tracker on it!
Pro Deo et Constitutione — Libertas aut Mors

Capetonian

#3 Post by Capetonian » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:11 pm

The advert is for easyJet's tracker for its own flights.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by OFSO » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:59 pm

Too many snobs on this thread - easyJet is for the upper-classes. Just booked the missus on Ryanair end of this month, we can't afford easyJet prices.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by ian16th » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:13 pm

OFSO wrote:Too many snobs on this thread - easyJet is for the upper-classes. Just booked the missus on Ryanair end of this month, we can't afford easyJet prices.

Being snobbish is nowt to do with what you can afford!

A snob will go into debt to create the appearance of wealth, Seth Efricans are very good at this. It is best illustrated by the number of luxury cars that are sold on credit here.

When I bought my current car, the salesman admitted that I was the 1st customer that he'd had who had simply written out a cheque for a new car! And he was selling Mazda's & Fords!
Cynicism improves with age

Capetonian

#6 Post by Capetonian » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:50 pm

I am amazed at the number of luxury cars on the roads, and how full the top restaurants are, in a country where 80% of the population live below the poverty line, thanks to the ANC.

Back, more or less, to topic. I recently compared Ryanair prices to Aer Lingus for a series of flights to Ireland later this month, and although Ryanair appear to be about £30 cheaper per sector the gap narrows by the time you've gone through the process, and then, if Aer Lingus ends up more expensive, that is a worthwhile investment to travel on an airline which treats its passengers and staff decently, employs people who speak good clear English, and to sit on a clean and comfortable seat.

As an old Irish lady said to me once, about Ryanair, "Oi wouldn't put me worst enemy's fookin stoofed dog on dat man's airloin."
Mother-in-law on the other hand, maybe there's room for exception